Senior Staff Engineer – Land
Fugro USA Land
Walnut Creek, CA
Fugro’s extensive knowledge and experience in geotechnical earthquake engineering, together with our advanced numerical modeling services, enable us to address complex challenges in seismically active areas.
The Senior Staff Engineer will perform professional work assignments requiring the application of standard geotechnical engineering and earthquake engineering practices. This individual must exercise moderate judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of alternatives. Work under the supervision of the Project Manager on projects of average difficulty.
Salary Range - $75,000 - 90,000 per year
- Interpret geotechnical data, provide geotechnical recommendations, and develop solutions for clients under the supervision of a senior professional.
- Perform seismic hazards assessments including Probabilistic Seismic Hazard Analyses (PSHA), site response, seismic slope instability, and liquefaction under the supervision of a project manager.
- Work with other project professionals with project execution, including coordinating field exploration, assigning laboratory testing, and performing analyses.
- Work with project professionals with the proposal and report preparation.
- Complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner within the project budget.
- Stay abreast of current professional practices, periodicals, and technological advancements.
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company's processes, including the safety program and quality management system.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- 0 - 3 years’ experience in the field of geotechnical engineering, including experience with acquiring, interpreting, and analyzing geodata and performing engineering calculations.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree from an accredited college or university in Geotechnical Engineering with a focus on earthquake engineering required.
- Conceptual knowledge of geotechnical and earthquake engineering design fundamental theories, principles, and practices is required. Familiarity with numerical modeling is recommended.
- Professional Engineer license or the ability to obtain during employment.
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Currently hold or able to obtain a US Passport
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record
- Some travel may be required including possible long-term out-of-town assignments. Possible international travel/assignments may be required.
- Understand current geotechnical data acquisition and interpretation methods.
What’s in it for you?
At Fugro, our people are our number one priority and central to our purpose to create a safe and livable world. Our values set the foundation for our unique culture: we are determined to deliver, we prepare for tomorrow, we do what’s right, and we build trust. Our talent philosophy is seeded by our values and fueled by a passion for learning, developing leadership behaviors, transparency, and accountability.
Fugro offers opportunities to sharpen skills and provide career growth through on-the-job learning experiences, LinkedIn Learning access, business and technical training, and leadership development programs.
We value the mental, physical, and financial health of our employees and their families and offer a variety of flexible work models. Fugro USA’s comprehensive benefits package also ensures you have choices that fit your needs at any life stage.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.
EEO is the law supplement poster