Senior Structural Integrity Engineer
CEC Controls Co.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Structural Integrity Engineer/Analyst (Offshore) with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry specifically into Offshore and with brownfield project experience.
- Supporting all aspect structural integrity management scopes.
- Supporting offshore operations, structural assurance, major projects, life extension, and decommissioning activities
- Providing emergency response cover
- Inplace analysis and code compliance assessments
- Pushover, redundancy and boat impact analysis
- Fatigue analysis, and dynamic analysis
- Linear and non-linear Finite element analysis
- Blast and fire analysis
- Seismic analysis
- Writing integrity reports and inspection scopes
- Developing risk-based inspection strategies
- Reviewing subsea and topsides structural inspection results and producing reports
- Supporting wider group activities of Structural Integrity Management, Weight Control, and Decommissioning
- Work closely with Wood structural integrity teams globally and deliver on scopes assigned by those teams.
- Assist in development of internal processes and procedures.
- Scope definition, CTR preparation
- Budget and delivery responsibility
- Input to business development and the bidding process
Skills / Qualifications
- Masters / Ph.D. in Civil/ Structural/ Naval Architecture/ Geotechnical Engineering is required. CEng, MICE, MIE membership is an added advantage.
- Experience of 15+ years working in a variety of projects and phases, including greenfield and brownfield, on and offshore, Pre-FEED through to EPC, with a focus on offshore upstream.
- Experience in using ISO, API, NORSOK, DNV codes, standards and guidelines with Topsides (including decks, living areas, etc.), Jackets, Subsea Structures (Suction Piles, Trawling Protection), Mooring systems (spread, turret, SPM, jetty, etc.), Towed bodies, Jetty structures, berthing & mooring dolphins structures including connecting gang way, fenders and approach trestle including Offshore Piling
- High level of proficiency in all or most of the industry standard analysis packages like SACS, SESAM, MOSES, USFOS and experience in ABAQUS and ANSYS
- Sound understanding of structural linear and non-linear behavior.
- Knowledge of wave theory, wave kinematics, and wave loading
- Sound understanding of structural integrity management process.
- Experience preferred in the following:
- Dynamic Response, Fatigue Advanced Wave Response, Fatigue Ultimate, Wind, pushover and ship impact to dropped object, and blast analysis.
- Performing Coupled or Uncoupled Analysis account for the full coupling between wave, wind, and the wind-induced mechanical loading for a multimodal response analysis.
- Predicting Stress Cycles with Fatigue Analysis by sequentially accumulating the damage from multiple analysis simulations for numerous wind speeds and sea states.
- Analysing the life of offshore structures using full nonlinear soil and structural analysis, dynamic spectral/time history fatigue analysis, spectral wind fatigue calculations, and damage assessments for wave action over time
- Must have experience in material estimation, schedule, resource planning and resource development activity. Preferred hands-on experience on proposal estimating including manhour estimates, cost & quantity estimates.
- Must have experience with preparation of Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Material Take-offs, Weight Control Reports, Scopes of Work, Technical reports, Inter discipline design coordination and supervision.
- Must have experience with corrosion protection systems (including cathodic protection calculations)
- Expertise preferred in geotechnical expertise viz soil investigation data review, interpretation, selection of design parameters & preparation of design basis/report, mudmat/skirted Foundation design, installation and recovery analysis, suction pile design, installation & retrieval assessment, pipe-soil interaction (PSI) assessments including cyclic resistance and trenching risk assessment (TRA)
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.ID:uDnQdo