SENIOR SUBCONTRACTS MANAGER – CONSTRUCTION – Hiring Bonus $10K+
Job Description and Qualifications
Hiring Bonus $10K+ Based on Experience.
This Position is based at our new Project Delivery Office in Amherst, NY.
At Air Products, our purpose is to bring people together to reimagine what’s possible, collaborate and innovate solutions to the world’s most significant energy and environmental sustainability challenges. Grow with us as we embark on building tomorrow together by being the safest, most diverse and most profitable industrial gas company in the world.
Reimagine What’s Possible
The Manager of Contracts - Construction, is responsible for contractor sourcing and contract administration activities for third party services supporting plant engineering and construction services activities on capital projects.
This position also manages third party EPC contracts and all other types of contracts necessary on projects.
The candidate will have subcontract formation and administration experience at a work site dealing with change management.
Both experiences are preferred.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The incumbent will develop RFPs, manage the tender process, negotiate terms, price, schedule and award the contract. They will also manage engineering, construction, and indirect services contracts, after award through close out.
This position will challenge technical specifications, scopes of work, schedules, and all other technical and commercial components of RFPs in order to create and issue a complete package to the market. Strong sourcing, contractual writing and negotiating skills are required. Procurement, construction management, project management and contracting strategy development experience is a plus.
- Embody the 4S culture of Safety, Speed, Simplicity and Self-Confidence
- Execute source process by developing, negotiating, implementing, and sustaining supply contracts in the construction arena consistent with business requirements.
- Execute the sourcing work process in accordance with the Air Products approved work processes
- Monitor, communicate, and respond to changing market conditions and business drivers on a global basis to maximize leverage and minimize risk.
- Involved in supplier discovery and optimizing Air Products’ construction spend
- Work closely with project teams and proposal teams to manage RFPs on projects and estimates in pursuit of projects.
- Bring innovative contracting solutions to maximize value propositions.
- Experience with modularization is a plus.
- Manage subcontractor performance and maintain interface within subcontractor organizations.
- Collaborates effectively with other members of their regional sourcing team to ensure construction sourcing work practices are documented, implemented and followed.
- Leadership experience and enthusiasm for new opportunities is a plus.
- Team player
- Construction contracts Management expertise
- Excellence in supplier negotiation
- Strong focus on change management
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive collaborator
- Ability to achieve assigned results
- Strong problem solving skills
- Work process knowledge of systems and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Construction Management, Business or other technical areas plus 10-15 years’ contract Management experience.
At Air Products, we work in an environment where we put safety first, diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.
In New York, the expected pay range is $129,050 - $193,550 plus bonus. This is the range that we reasonably expect to pay for this position as individual compensation decisions are based on a variety of factors.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Air Products is committed to working with and providing a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail us at [email protected]. General application status inquiries are not answered by this mailbox rather you’ll receive an e-mail directly from our Career Center and/or the Talent Acquisition Specialist.