Senior Systems Administrator (Onsite)
Ast Utah Office, UT
Country:United States of America
Location:UT206: AST Utah Office-UTO East Bldg 2401 South 1070 West Suite B, West Valley City, UT, 84119 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
We’re growing and we want you with us. Be a part of our team and take your career to the next level. Applied Signal Technology (AST), a company of innovators committed to building a safer, more secure world. Here, you can apply your existing skills while you’re mentored by our seasoned IT professionals. We’re stretching the boundaries of what’s possible every day with our transformational technologies. Join us and let’s rise to the challenge of the moment together.
The AST Digital Technology Department is looking for a Multi-Disciplined Senior Systems Administrator to join our team of seasoned professionals. The selected team member will be responsible for performing a full range of information technology functions. While the majority of performance will be in classified areas, some unclassified work will also be required. This position ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software, and related procedures adhere to organizational- and security-based policies.
This position is eligible for relocation assistance.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• Work as a team member in a fast-paced technological environment
• Use troubleshooting techniques to resolve technical problems of a moderate to high scope and complexity to include the integration of hardware, software and operating systems
• Work with Cybersecurity professionals to maintain security requirements
• Provide documentation and training on advanced IT processes, procedures and other tasks as assigned
• Provide IT systems administration in a heterogeneous Microsoft Windows and RedHat Enterprise Linux environment
• Learn to support infrastructure such as Cisco IOS and Network Appliance ONTAP
• Help build awareness for employees around Cyber Security and Compliance
• Identify potential security risks in the organization and assists in risk mitigation
• Support new security initiatives and projects within the organization
• Be mentored by one of our skilled and seasoned professionals who are ready to build and grow your skills
• Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) unless prohibited by local laws/regulations and minimum 5 years prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years of experience or in absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience
• Independent, self-motivated, and willing/able to learn through on-the-job training and documentation
• Able to work within a team and foster teamwork and trust from both external and internal customers
• Excellent written, verbal communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Works to achieve day to day objectives with major impact on operational results within work area
• May manage small projects or processes within work area of responsibility
• Works autonomously with limited oversite
• Responsible for making moderate improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of work area
• Active and transferable TS/SCI U.S. government issued security clearance is required prior to start date
• U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
• Active IT Base Certifications
• Centrify, Puppet, Lumension, Rapid 7
• Tenable Security Center, Nessus
• Security Certifications are a plus
Collins Aerospace, an RTX company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
This is an ONSITE position located in Salt Lake City, UT.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Student Loan Repayment Program
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
• Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
• Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
• Adoption Assistance
• Autism Benefit
• Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
• Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
• Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
• Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
• Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
• Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Employee Referral Eligible
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo