Senior Systems Engineer – NAWS China Lake
China Lake Airfield Trailer, CA
Country:United States of America
Location:CA764: China Lake Airfield Trailer 98010 Aviation Boulevard Raytheon Airfield Trailer, China Lake, CA, 93555 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
At Raytheon, the foundation of everything we do is rooted in our values and a higher calling – to help our nation and allies defend freedoms and deter aggression. We bring the strength of more than 100 years of experience and renowned engineering expertise to meet the needs of today’s mission and stay ahead of tomorrow’s threat. Our team solves tough, meaningful problems that create a safer, more secure world.
In Systems Integration and Test (SI&T) we integrate, verify, and validate our products. We put our systems together, exercise them in the lab or in the field, measure and analyze performance, and make sure our products work the first time and every time. To accomplish this, we develop plans and procedures, debug and evaluate system functions and interfaces, develop test environments, and work hand-in-hand with our customers.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don’t hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Perform integration, verification, and formal qualification testing of software to ensure the system under test performs according to specifications/requirements.
- Perform data collection activities, including review and analysis of data elements, and provide detailed reports of results.
- Trace and/or correct faults in mechanical or electronic systems. Familiarity with failure reporting, analysis, corrective action and/or fault tree analysis.
- Create/modify documentation in support of reviews associated with formal testing, which may include Test Readiness Review (TRR), Consent to Ship (CTS), and Test Data Review (TDR) packages.
- Execute Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) testing onsite in the HIL facility as an Operator.
- Execute HIL Systems integration in collaboration with Raytheon partners.
- Champion respect, ethics, and diversity initiatives within the organization.
- Obtain and maintain additional program access as required.
Please note: This position requires you to work on site in Ridgecrest, CA. No remote work available.
Typically requires a Bachelor in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline, such as Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics or Math and minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in a test environment with emphasis in test planning and/or implementation is required.
Relevant experience includes three (3) or more of the following areas:
- Hardware Systems Integration experience
- Software Integration experience
- Experience supporting field tests.
- Telemetry Analysis experience
- Experience evaluating requirements.
- Experience with troubleshooting and failure process
- Experience with the use of lab/field test equipment
- Experience with Verification and Validation methods
- Experience creating integration and verification strategies.
- Active and transferable U.S. government issued security clearance is required prior to start date. U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Experience in RF/EO integration of hardware systems with high level of understanding of digital signal processing algorithms, advanced waveforms, antenna patterns, and techniques used in resource-constrained missile systems.
- Experience with RF spectral and temporal effects for sensor and backgrounds, including clutter, multipath, self-interference, grounding and shielding, and mitigation factors.
- Experience in integrating RF/EO sensor output, either modulated waveforms or streams of digital samples used for real-time representation of RF/EO scenes data collection / analysis (including Telemetry)
- Test Systems design experience and collaborating across multiple engineering disciplines, such as electrical, electronics, mechanical, software, and computer engineering.
- Experience in integration with test equipment, telemetry data analysis software, and missile systems host platforms.
- Technical experience to include capture/pursuit experience, including contribution or authoring of white papers, RFI responses, proposal of technical volumes, or related experience.
- Experience managing and presenting technical data to Stakeholders and Customer community, in design reviews and technical interchange meetings.
- Understanding and working knowledge of troubleshooting and failure process
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.The salary range for this role is 77,000 USD - 163,000 USD. The salary range provided is a good faith estimate representative of all experience levels. RTX considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role, function and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, location, education/training, and key skills.Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement.Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company’s performance.This role is a U.S.-based role. If the successful candidate resides in a U.S. territory, the appropriate pay structure and benefits will apply.RTX anticipates the application window closing approximately 40 days from the date the notice was posted. However, factors such as candidate flow and business necessity may require RTX to shorten or extend the application window.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo