Senior Tax Analyst
Hayward Pool Products, Inc.
Hayward Holdings Inc. (NYSE "HAYW") is the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world, with a significant presence in the commercial pool market that is continuously growing. Hayward designs, manufactures, and markets a full line of residential and commercial pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, heating, cleaners, salt chlorinators, automation, lighting, safety, flow control and energy solutions at our company owned facilities. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Hayward also has facilities in Tennessee, Arizona, and Rhode Island as well as Canada, Spain, France, Australia, and China. This position is based in (Charlotte, NC).
We are seeking an experienced Senior Tax Analyst to add to our in-house tax team. As the Senior Tax Analyst, you will play a crucial role in ensuring compliance with US GAAP and US tax law by overseeing a range of responsibilities related to the tax provision, compliance prep, and planning. This position requires a detail-oriented professional with a strong knowledge of US GAAP and tax accounting
- Prepare quarterly and forecast tax provisions in accordance with US GAAP.
- Prepare federal income tax book/tax adjustments.
- Prepare Schedule M and state tax adjustments for US Federal and State Income Tax purposes. Calculate return to provision adjustments and prepare reconciliation of deferred tax assets and liabilities.
- Collect and organize all relevant data for the external preparer of the corporate income tax returns and estimated tax payments. Assist in researching and resolving inquiries from external tax preparers.
- Gather information and draft responses for various IRS and state notices received.
- Assist with tax audits and related matters. Analyze, review, and interpret information to complete Information Document Requests for federal/state/local and international tax audits.
- Assist with federal and state tax research as needed.
- Assist with special projects to implement tax strategies and/or document and support current tax positions.
- Proactively participate in process analysis and improvements.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal controls.
- 4+ years of experience with Microsoft applications, must have strong excel skills.
- Must have strong knowledge of US GAAP and US Tax reporting.
- Familiarity with a wide range of US Federal and State tax regimes and concepts (ASC 740, Foreign Tax Credit, R&D Credit, FDII, Consolidated Returns, Income Tax Nexus Principles, etc.).
- Strong project management skills which include strong planning and prioritization
- Strong attention to details to ensure accuracy.
- Exposure to accounting and tax software.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Creative, positive, and helpful attitude.
- Should be comfortable dealing with both internal and external partners in a fast-paced environment.
Education / Experience:
- 4+ years of income tax experience within public accounting or multinational corporation.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.