Senior Test Leader
Schneider Electric Buildings Americas, Inc.
About Schneider Electric™
We are a Global specialist in Energy Management. Our 135,000 employees in 100 countries work towards achieving a common mission which is, to drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies to realize the full efficiency and sustainability opportunities for a business. We provide endpoint-to-cloud integration connecting products, controls, software, and services. Our integrated solutions are built with safety, reliability, and cybersecure for your homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure, and industries. We deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, and at every moment.
Digital Power is one of Schneider’s business divisions primarily working on Connected products and software technologies.
About the Role
We’re looking for a dynamic team player who is driven by results and passionate about product development. He/She will be working on developing a range of electricity metering offers with communication protocols and more. Direct experience in product development is desirable and some background in Agile methodology is a plus.
The position is Senior Test Leader and will be working in our Power Monitoring business unit, based in Bangalore, and reporting to the Delivery Manager.
Role & Responsibilities
- Possess expert knowledge and expected to work in,
o Product or System testing – specifically on,
§ Product hardware specification testing
§ EMI/EMC and standard compliance
§ Electronics specifications
§ Electrical safety & boundary conditions
§ Reliability/mission profile testing
§ Mechanical testing procedures like Vibration, Shock, etc
- Gained adequate experience in Integration (Hardware, Firmware) testing
- Exposure & be able to understand firmware/functional test aspects of a Product line
- Exposure to Modbus serial, TCP, and BACnet protocols
- Good to know other protocols like SNMP, SNTP, HPPS, SFTP, etc
- Should understand product development life cycle and processes, design/test specification, root cause analysis, good electronics debugging/troubleshooting skills, board bring-up processes, traceability management, and Defect management
- Got some hands-on using test automation tools and technologies (using LabView and Python)
- Should be interested to work with the Power system domain and technologies
- Should be a team player and able to actively contribute or participate in daily meetings or discussions
- Challenging by nature
- Should be able to handle work with minimal support
- Be curious, like to experiment, and be self-driven
- Recommended Agile execution and scrum experience
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in ECE/EEE/E&I
- 5-8 years of working experience