Senior Total Loss Customer Care Specialist
Decision Dynamics, Inc.
Here at IAA, our Senior Total Loss Customer Care Specialists are an important part of our vehicle life cycle process, providing vehicle owners with the information they need to navigate our title procurement process.
Senior Total Loss Customer Care Specialists embody our main values of "accountability" and a "will to succeed" through coordinating with vehicle owners and members every step of the way. Helping to keep our customers informed, answering questions, and maximizing their expertise to ensure we're delivering excellent results and setting realistic timelines and expectations.
What makes this role even better?! It's virtual/ remote and can be located anywhere in the United States, with only occasional travel needed to local IAA facilities. And don't worry, we have the equipment covered, all you need is high-speed internet and a private work area.
At IAA we believe in each other and our teams. As such, each employee may be asked to change functions in order to support our needs. These responsibilities may include phone support to inbound and outbound calls, claims and work order processing, and preparing salvage documentation. In order to be successful in this role, employees will need to be willing and able to rotate among these priorities to provide top-tier support to our growing customer base.
What Do IAA Total Loss Customer Care Specialists Do?
- Review new file assignments to conclude the most effective handling procedures required to acquire title documents based on established guidelines.
- Handles telephone inquiries on claim status about the total losses title process.
- Obtain and review reports, statements, records, and related materials to inform process decisions within established guidelines and own first-level service recovery efforts and critical issue resolution.
- Have direct ownership of first and second-level service recovery efforts and escalations.
- Ensures that all documents pertaining to a claim are electronically attached and labeled in the file management system.
- Responds to all correspondence in accordance with the established accountability standards.
- Provides vehicle owners with the information they need to navigate the title procurement process by clearly setting expectations and outlining the next steps.
- Communicate when all documents have been received so the process can flow
- Provides relationship and professional service to customers, peers, and partners
- Act as a mentor within the department in areas of subject matter expertise. Assists with onboarding and training peers.
- Execute with speed and urgency to conclude, communicate, and obtain all documentation required to prepare the vehicle for sale.
- Address assigned inventory of salvage vehicles to drive effective results, using state-specific methods and processes.
- Learns and maintains detailed knowledge of state salvage and title laws for assigned states and may aid partners by answering questions about owner-retained salvage laws and salvage title laws.
- Documents files to include all key procedures, next steps about title process, interactions with customers, vehicle providers, and internal partners.
- May be asked to step in as team lead while the supervisor is unavailable.
- Act as primary account point of contact for low-volume accounts.
- Help with other functions and duties as needed.
- Duties are subject to change, based on needs.
What are the Requirements?
- 4 or more years prior auto insurance claims handling experience
- Excellent written, verbal, communications skills while collaborating with different departments
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Some college education preferred
- Experience handling vehicle titles and state-specific documents preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software suites (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- High-speed internet is required when working remotely
- Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure
- Proven experience analyzing, organizing, and prioritizing work while making deadlines
- Work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary
- Work in a fast service-oriented environment
- Process and handle confidential information with caution
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including health insurance, 401K, STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, paid holidays and vacations.
IAA, certified as a Great Place to Work®, is a leading global marketplace connecting vehicle buyers and sellers. Maximizing new technology and focusing on innovation, IAA’s unique platform facilitates the marketing and sale of total-loss, damaged, and low-value vehicles. Headquartered near Chicago in Westchester, Illinois, IAA has nearly 4,500 employees and more than 200 facilities throughout the U.S., Canada, and the United Kingdom.
IAA is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship status, or marital status. IAA is a drug-free workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform necessary job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
California, Connecticut, Colorado, Maryland, Nevada, Rhode Island Residents Only: The salary range for residents listed above is $20.00 to $26.00. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, and certifications.