Senior/Lead RFIC Packaging Engineer
El Segundo, CA
Senior/Lead RFIC Packaging Engineer
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - El Segundo, CA
Job Description Qualifications:
Boeing Space, Intelligence & Weapons Systems is seeking an RFIC Packaging Engineer to join the Micro-Electronics team in El Segundo, CA.
Ultimately, we are looking for an electrical engineer whose area of expertise is high-density interconnect microelectronics packaging whose skill levels in these technical domains are at the cutting edge of industry capability.
The Micro-electronics group develops, designs and tests state of the art MMIC's and RFIC's in GaAs, Si, and SiGe technologies for space payloads. We seek Engineers who are ambitious and will thrive in a technology development environment and can work the full spectrum from research through flight insertion. We’re highly supportive of innovative thinking, we respect and acknowledge hard work, we recognize maturity and integrity, and we reward bottom-line achievement. At Boeing, we value your curiosity, your determination, and your imagination. #TheFutureIsBuiltHere
In joining us you will be part of a diverse multi-disciplined team of engineers, using the latest tools and methodologies! Develop your technical competence as well as your leadership skills at a company with huge potential for long-term career growth. Mentoring is extremely valued, with several opportunities exist to assist in career guidance and advancement.
Boeing also invests in its local community by matching your donations to charities, and provides volunteer opportunities for outreach at schools.
- Primary responsibility will be design, analysis, development, and production projects for high-density microelectronics packaging solutions for complex electronics platforms.
- Responsibilities and duties will include microelectronics packaging design, requirements and interface definition, modeling and analysis, performance and design verification testing.
- Responsible to solve anomalies that occur during fabrication, integration, and test.
- Responsible to support external sub-contractors in development of the required microelectronics packaging solutions.
- Responsible to provide technical leadership to our critical supply-chain partners for successful submission to fabrication of our group’s custom microelectronics packaging designs.
- Responsible for recommending and maintaining the required CAD tools for our microelectronics packaging designs and analyses. Includes: Cadence, Virtuoso, Sigrity, PowerSI, Hyperlynix, Hpspice, Simetrix, SiWave.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This worksite participates in Boeing’s optional 9/80 schedule rotation. 9/80 is a rotation in which employees can work 9 hour shifts, 8 days per pay period (bi-weekly) and receive every other Friday off.
Travel may be required up to 10% of the time; Domestically and/or Internationally depending on business needs.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Top Secret SCI Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 5+ years of experience in RFIC Packaging and/or Microelectronic Packaging (engineering, not logistics/warehousing)
- 3+ years in Cadence Software Suite including Virtuoso Layout.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience with RFIC Packaging Engineering for aerospace products
- Proficient in RFIC layout and design tools; including Cadence, Virtuoso Layout, ADE, Spectre RF, Si-Wave or additional signal integrity software.
- Proficiency with LINUX, ECAD setup, p-cell coding and PDK development.
- Proficiency with RF EM analysis tools including AWR, ADS, HFSS and Sonnet.
- 3+ years of experience in the Aerospace industry.
- Experience with Signal Integrity analysis and design.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position will be for 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary Pay Range: $126,650 - $171,350
A signing bonus may be available to external candidates who have an active Top Secret or Top-Secret SCI U.S. Security Clearance at the time of application.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 4
Job Code:6B1EI4 (64Z)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement