Server Repair Technician
Video Gaming Technologies, Inc.
Job Posting TitleServer Repair Technician
SummaryAssembles and tests backend server equipment for subsequent installation in casinos for Class II gaming applications. Disassembles, refurbishes, and tests server equipment returned from the field.
This has been designated as a safety-sensitive job because it involves performing one or more tasks/duties that could reasonably affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task(s) or others.
What You'll Do
• Build, set up and configure various server platforms and Ethernet devices, following detailed manufacturing work instructions and complying to gaming regulations and other defined requirements, internal and external to Aristocrat.
• Install drivers and software onto 10/100/1000MB wired Ethernet controllers, data storage devices, network interface cards, and other network devices to prepare server equipment for subsequent functional testing
• Perform prescribed test procedures on server equipment, including trying to replicate customer reported issues on returned servers, and then troubleshooting and correcting the root causes of the issues.
• Identify significant and/or recurring technical and/or quality problems with server equipment as well as server build processes and systems and report to Production leadership. Assist with development and implementation of solutions to address issues
• Communicate and interface with personnel from various departments including Field and Network Engineering, Inventory, Compliance and Logistics to understand server build requirements and get server equipment processed
• Complete administrative functions related to business and regulatory requirements, accurately documenting work performed and submitting timely reports.
• Provide hands-on/on-the-job training to peers, as needed.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by leadership
• Adheres to Aristocrat Technologies, Inc. employee handbook guidelines.
• All employees are responsible for their personal safety and the safety of others. Therefore, all employees must:
• Participate fully in company health and safety programs and comply with all company OSHA policies and procedures.
• Follow all lawful employer safety and health rules.
What We're Looking For
• High school diploma or equivalent is required; an Associate degree or equivalent work experience (two years) in electronics, computer assembly/repair, or another technical field is desirable.
• Two years electro-mechanical assembly & test experience is desirable.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficient in Microsoft Server OS
• Basic understanding of PC system architecture including both client and server platforms
• Windows 7+ and Windows 2008 Server+, Linux (SLES and/or RHEL), Microsoft HyperV and VMWare ESX Operating System experience including all aspects of setup, configuration, and network troubleshooting
• Proven technical troubleshooting and problem-solving experience with a passion for learning technologies; 1-3 years of applicable experience.
• Experience with DOS, uEFI, and Embedded Operating Systems
• Ability to deadlift a minimum of 75 lbs.
• Ability to push or pull a pallet jack with a minimum load of 1500 lbs.
• Physical activities include: standing, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc
• Hot/Cold indoor and outdoor environment
• If performing duties at a customer site, associate may be exposed to elements expected at a casino: smoking, loud noises, busy patron traffic, and a variety of walking surfaces and hazards.
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We’re a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
Robust benefits package
Global career opportunities
All about the Player
Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.ID:uDnQdo