Service Engineer 3
DENSO is looking to fill a Service Engineer 3 position in their Southfield, MI office. Under general supervision, this individual will provide technical assistance to customers in areas of warranty improvement, root cause identification, installation, startup, maintenance & repair, training, and modification of equipment. They will lead activity related to vehicle system level testing and monitoring, analyzing, and disseminating warranty performance data.
- Supports management in the development of department short-term, mid-term, and long-term service strategy plans to contribute to business unit growth to achieve greater customer satisfaction.
- Manages the planning of new service businesses through the development and implementation of service strategy for repair services, network establishment and/or new service technologies in support to original equipment or aftermarket customers.
- Leads data collection for marketing intelligence, feasibility studies analysis, and business model/route formulation in developing business plans to justify service business opportunities.
- Coordinates with other Service Engineers to perform routine analysis, visualization, and development of root cause hypotheses primarily based on automotive warranty data sets. Develops job efficiencies and improves issue detection and resolution speed by researching and integrating unique internal and external data sets.
- Leads escalation, tracking and evaluation of warranty issues and countermeasures to ensure sufficient action and timely resolution, including communicating status and countermeasure actions across DENSO.
- Coordinates with other Service Engineers, DENSO Engineering, and Plant to analyze returned parts in order to identify true root cause and ensure robust corrective action(s) is implemented.
- Leads development and implementation of vehicle test plans, operating necessary equipment, and technical data analysis in order to determine failure mode/identify root cause of problem. Develops solutions to complex problems based on deep product and system knowledge.
- Supports Manager in prioritization of job responsibilities, adheres to urgency of providing information, and seeks advice when necessary. Trains and acts as a mentor to less experienced Service Engineers.
- Identifies root cause of customer technical issues through direct interaction and field visitation (go & study); to assure customer pain points are accurate and detailed for fast action.
- Provides technical content and knowledge for the development of product service information such as service manuals, operation guides, installation instructions, component parts lists, service bulletins, technical training material and test specifications. Develops technical and training presentations by defining the subject content and verifying draft publications or presentations.
- Provides advanced technical expertise and training to the customer base via direct customer visitations, meetings or other means. Develops and provides technical training for current and new technology (e.g., scantool diagnostics, tool operations, test procedures, commodity function/troubleshooting, etc.).
- Manages all assisted projects to ensure milestones are met and project is completed on time and within budget. Demonstrated ability to foster and maintain relationships with an ability to work as part of a cross functional team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required Bachelor's degree engineering or a related field
- Required 5-8 years of relevant experience in a technical automotive capacity
- $84,800 - $105,900
- Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug plans
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K with 4% company match
- Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Onsite Fitness Center (vary by location)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Development and Ongoing Training
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Cafeteria and food markets (vary by location)
- Volunteer opportunities
- Employee recognition (employee and milestone events)