John Deere Service Technicians are the backbone of our company and responsible for ensuring our growers are confident in their equipment. Our customer know we will do what it takes to keep them in the field and moving forward. John Deere Service Technicians perform diagnostics, service repairs and complete routine maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and turf equipment.
As a Technician, you will:
- Perform diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and technology.
- Participate in John Deere Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Responsible for complete and thorough documentation of diagnostics and repairs in a timely manner.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Operates and maintains vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment
- Experience with basic computer functions; experience using Service ADVISOR or other computer based diagnostic repair tools preferred
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Basic Service Technician certification preferred
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred
- Valid drivers license is required with a clean driving record
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is generally performed in a professional office environment.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the work location.
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work may involve long hours and overtime during the peak season, holidays, weekends, and evenings.
- May be required to rotate on-call responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, walk on unpaved terrain, talk, reach with arms and hands, have good manual dexterity, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, handle or feel, hear alarms/telephones/normal speaking voice.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or listen.
- May involve climbing ladders, stairs, steps, and traversing catwalk grating, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, and kneeling on a frequent basis and working in confined space and manual dexterity required to complete work tasks through safe and proper operation of power and hand tools, and motor vehicles.
- Moderate physical activity required by moving and positioning objects up to 50 pounds or more occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Who we are:
AGRIVISION EQUIPMENT Group is one of the top John Deere Dealerships in the United States. We credit our success to our knowledgeable, competitive, hardworking and passionate employees that strive for excellence in everything they do.
With over 100 years of experience in the agricultural industry we have a rich heritage, growth mindset, and entrepreneurial spirit. Today, we are 17 locations strong supporting southwest and southcentral Iowa, northwest Missouri and southeast Nebraska.
We are seeking driven, highly motivated, collaborative, and intellectually curious professionals who want to be part of cultivating the highest impact culture in the agriculture equipment industry. Previous experience and knowledge of large ag equipment or commercial/turf equipment is welcomed but not required. There's a lot we can train with the right individual who is willing to work hard, make customers our #1 priority, and who is committed to integrity, results, servant leadership, innovation, and commitment.
No matter the location, or the role, every AgriVision Equipment employee shares one purpose: To care for customers linked to the land by walking with them to build a better tomorrow. Our purpose motivates us day-in, day-out: to see and lead far into the future.
If that sounds like something youd like to be a part of, apply today.
AgriVision Equipment Group and PrairieLand Partners (AVE-PLP, LLC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any person in any condition of employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status.