Service Technician – Hand Tool Repair
Hand Tool Service Technician
Do you have experience with the repair and maintenance of construction tools and machines? Are you mechanically inclined and enjoy fixing equipment? Are you looking for an opportunity that opens doors to learning new areas and growth within a Company?
If so, we are looking for you to join our exceptional team as a Service Technician in Wichita, KS.
WHO WE ARE
We are SouthernCarlson, and our foundation of service and commitment began in 1947. We have the broadest selection of high-quality products from leading suppliers in the industry along with tool repair services to keep businesses running. We provide expertise in both the products we offer and the solutions we propose. SouthernCarlson is The Contractors Choice™ for professional-grade tools, fasteners, jobsite supplies and expert service.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Repair and provide maintenance on a variety of construction tools and machines, including nail guns, compressors, generators, drills, and more!
- Partner with sales representatives to give them updates for their customer items on your work docket.
- Reach out to our customers and give status updates, arrange for item pickups, and address any issues promptly and efficiently to ensure a great customer experience.
- Look at our processes with an eye to recommend ways to streamline and create efficiency.
YOU MAY BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU
- Meet the Minimum Qualifications – You have at least 1 year of service technician experience and a High School Diploma. Experience with small engine repair will be considered.
- Think Mechanically – You’re able to look at something that needs to be fixed, and almost intuitively understand how to do it – quickly and efficiently.
- Meet the Physical Demands – You’re able to lift at least 50 pounds on a regular basis and 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Treat Others with Respect – You speak with kindness and listen to the opinions of others.
- Pay Attention to the Details – You’re organized, thorough and productive while being highly effective in the work you do.
- Take Initiative – You are a go-getter and proactively step-up without being asked to do so.
- Have a Growth Mindset – You are flexible and open-minded while constantly looking for ways to improve.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT HERE
- Daytime shift with great hours!
- Our collaborative family culture
- Opportunities for career growth
- Competitive benefits package, including: Health, Dental and Vision
- Opportunity to enroll in our 401k program with Company Match
- Paid time off
OUR PROMISE MEANS MORE™
- Respect - We build relationships on trust, collaboration and kindness while taking the time to learn, grow and celebrate wins together.
- Integrity - We go above and beyond to help customers and employees and do what we can to help resolve issues.
- Teamwork – We support and encourage each other while working together to ensure each customer has a top-notch experience.
- Family Environment – We are a nationwide company with small business locations that provides a family-like environment.