Service Technician – SP
This position is responsible for the preparation of petroleum dispensing equipment for placement out in the field which consists of fuel, DEF and lubricant storage and delivery systems. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to cleaning and painting of storage tanks, installation and removal of equipment and maintaining cleanliness and organization within the equipment repair shop.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to maintain and store Equipment Department inventory
- Drive a propane or diesel forklift, loading, unloading equipment into and out of the warehouse. This also may be done by hand, or by using other tools, such as pallet jacks, carton dollies or drum dollies.
- Cleaning and reconditioning tanks as directed.
- Assist as directed in the upkeep of company equipment such as nozzles, hoses, cam locks, pumps and meters.
- Accurately complete all internal paperwork and forms as required.
- Provide our customers with high quality tanks, pumps, meters, hoses and nozzles in a timely manner.
- Continuous cleaning of the work area, to include but not limited to petroleum product drips and minor spills.
- Assist with monthly inventory as required.
- Must be able to be available for work as early as 6am or as late as 8 pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional work on weekends and or nights may be necessary.
- Must be able to work independently, after being given instructions.
Supervision of Others
- Frequent work outdoors and in various weather conditions.
- Frequent work in dusty, wet, dirty environments and exposure to fuel and fuel fumes, oil and grease.
- Frequent work in hot or cold environments.
- Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to move freely around work and customer sites.
- Must be able to climb onto and off of, by means of a rung type ladder, tanks that are approximately 12 feet high and be able to stand on top of a tank, in a narrow space, with no hand holds or guardrails.
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Able to move drums up to 400 lbs.
- Able to push, pull, bend, reach, stoop, squat, and walk/climb various terrains repeatedly.
- Able to work in cramped or confined spaces.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to obtain Company forklift certification.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Able to learn company systems and processes.
- Adheres to the companys values and ethical expectations.
- Trade or technical school (Certificate or diploma) in an applicable field.
- Experience in lubricant industry, fuel industry, or transportation industry.
- Two or more years experience in lubricant, fuel, or an associated industry.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.