Settlement Expense Analyst
Decision Dynamics, Inc.
IAA, Inc. is seeking a Settlement Expense Analyst to join our team in Clinton, ME.
The Settlement/Expense Analyst is responsible for generating quantitative and qualitative assessments and reporting around IAA operations and monies charged and/or expensed, supplying Centralized Services providers and management with visibility to fees and expenses as well as managing business process exceptions. The Analyst will collaborate with peers, customers, and other departments including field operations and corporate offices as well as utilize data across multiple systems (ASAP, BI, AutoIMS, CSAToday, Coupa, provider-specific, or other 3rd party software), and will be expected to demonstrate a clear commitment to the highest standards of integrity, professional and personal conduct. To be successful as a settlement/expense analyst, one should be analytical with strong attention to detail as well as possess acute commercial awareness, be fluent in accounts payable/accounts receivable processes, and be able to translate financial data sets (life cycle fees/expenses) for the Centralized Services’ management teams.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly deliverables (remittances, invoices, vendor payments, deposits); to include analyzing, reviewing, and auditing for accuracy while using multi-media resources
- Review and audit pre-and post-sale fees to ensure compliance with customer contracts, service level agreements, and business process requirements focusing on quality and accuracy
- Develop reports for specific business unit needs to create efficiencies with workflows or training
- Support providers, vendors, branches, sales, strategic account managers, and management with escalated questions that require analytical and problem-solving resolution skills as extensive research is often required on more complex and multi-faceted issues
- Utilize tools and software to create efficiencies within business processes (Excel, Power Query, Power BI, Salesforce)
- Review inventory and monitor for issues, status errors, and erroneous fees throughout the lifecycle of a vehicle and work with operations to update, as needed
- Additionally, work closely with management, operations, strategic account managers, and technical teams in order to identify opportunities and address customer problems and needs
- Create and develop internal operational reports to provide the team and management with visibility to fees and expenses and identify business process exceptions to address which could include branch processes, contracts, and/or service level agreements
- Participate in the technology development efforts outlined by leadership to include suggesting technology improvements to existing processes
- Apply knowledge of the organization, product services, and policies to provide a variety of customer support through mail, telephone, and direct personal contact
- Assist with maintaining and documenting Centralized Services business best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 3 years' work-related experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are required – will be communicating with internal and external customers (i.e. providers, vendors, branches, sales, management, strategic account management).
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and adjust the schedule to meet multiple deadlines and/or hours.
- Previous audit or accounting experience
- Able to work independently and be a self-starter but function at the same time in a team environment.
- Strong organization and time management skills are required
- Basic computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Suite to include Excel experience (vlookup, pivot tables, etc)
- Accounts payable and/or accounts receivable experience preferred
- Auction experience is desired but not required
Key Performance Indicators:
- Ensure that business requirements of internal and external Central Services customers are accurate, and any process exceptions are addressed
- Ability to track and ensure deliverables are completed timely with updates to management on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate and escalate potential roadblocks to immediate CS Management or other business entities as appropriate
- Ability to anticipate short term and long-term problems to include proposing and implementing solutions for both
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including: health insurance, 401K, STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, paid holidays, and vacations.
IAA, certified as a Great Place to Work®, is a leading global marketplace connecting vehicle buyers and sellers. Maximizing leading-edge technology and focusing on innovation, IAA’s unique platform facilitates the marketing and sale of total-loss, damaged and low-value vehicles. Headquartered near Chicago in Westchester, Illinois, IAA has nearly 3,600 hardworking employees and more than 200 facilities throughout the U.S., Canada and the United Kingdom.
IAA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship status, or marital status. IAA is a drug-free workplace. EEOE
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities