Sewing Machine Mechanic
Galco International Ltd.
Job Description: Sewing Machine Mechanic
Position Status: Hourly Non-Exempt, Full Time / Part Time
Shift: Monday-Thursday 10 hr. days (6AM-4:30PM)
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Responsible for performing industrial sewing machine setup, trouble shooting, repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Perform machine setup, trouble shooting, repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Make unscheduled repairs on production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment during machine servicing.
- Read and interpret manuals in order to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjust equipment.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment.
- Assist in training sewing machine operators in proper setup and operation of machines.
- Comply with safety rules and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- 1+ years experience with industrial sewing machine setup, trouble shooting, repair and maintenance.
- In depth knowledge of industrial sewing machines.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects over 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to adjust focus.
Join our Team:
Galco offers a competitive wages and comprehensive benefits package. If you desire the ability to add value to our team apply in person or online today!
Individuals wishing to apply in person can apply at Galco International 2019 W Quail Ave. Phoenix AZ Monday -Thursday between 7:30 a.m. -10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. -3:00 p.m. The employment office is located in the Northwest corner of the facility.