SHIFT MANAGER IN TRAINING
Shift Manager in Training - First Shift
This position will manage and direct supervision of our further processing production operations. This position will ensure production meets objectives at a designed quality level consistent with the lowest cost while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Managing the further processing production operations of the plant.
- Coordinating the production, maintenance, sanitation, quality, shipping and receiving areas.
- Monitoring performance of each department to meet production efficiency, yield and quality goals.
- Setting objectives and reviewing shift's performance versus objectives.
- Encouraging subordinates to find ways to reduce cost.
- Ensuring sanitation meets USDA standards.
- Coordinating production and sanitation maintenance to meet daily needs.
- Analyzing equipment on a daily basis and reviewing with maintenance superintendent.
- Providing a clear sense of direction for supervisors to work toward and encourage teamwork to achieve goals.
- Establishing challenging goals and standards from each supervisor and encourage them to give their best effort.
- Ensuring effective utilization of human resources by training subordinates, motivating consistent performances, appraising performance, recommending salary action and developing for potential promotion.
- Monitoring operations to meet company policies, quality specifications, USDA and OSHA standards.
- Conducting plant inspections to eliminate hazardous conditions.
- Managing all aspects of operations to assure a safe working environment.
- Taking immediate action to eliminate improper practices or hazardous conditions.
- 5+ years’ experience in the poultry/food industry required with at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Must have good leadership skills.
- Must have the ability to interact with operational and processing management.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize work.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma/GED; Bachelor's Degree preferred.