Who we are looking for:
We are currently searching for a Shipper to be based out of Binghamton NY. Reporting to the Shipping Manager. This person will be responsible for preparing products for shipment, loading shipments into trucks, inventory counts and/or control as appropriate to perform job. Products include variety of sizes and volumes of pipes and fittings (Fabrication). Must be able to safely operate a forklift.
What you’ll do:
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Safely operate inside and outside forklifts/fork trucks.
- Load trucks with PVC fittings, pipes, and ancillary products.
- Verify bills of lading for pipes and fittings.
- Locate, arrange, and move inventory.
- Utilize proper stacking techniques.
- Unload and properly store pipes and fittings from production to warehousing areas.
- Perform periodic safety checks as required.
- Keep and maintain clean and orderly warehousing areas.
- Inform supervision of problems.
- Undertake duties as assigned by supervision.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum educational requirement is high school diploma, or equivalent
- Oral communications skills that are appropriate for interfacing with external logistics personnel and other team members.
- Above basic understanding of math with ability to perform routine math calculations and counts to ensure accuracy with inventory and shipments.
- Proven record of ability to safety operate a forklift/fork truck.
- Must be able to work safely and efficiently in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to lift 50 pounds unassisted
- All Associates must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Complete any required training.
- Have developed relationships within the department.
- Be well-versed in Shipping strategic priorities and the importance of your role to daily operations.
This position pays $17.00 - $19.50 per hour, plus aggressive bonus structure.
By joining Atkore, you can expect competitive pay, paid holidays, vacation accrual upon hire, as well as a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k) after 30 days of continuous employment.
Who we are:
Atkore is a recipient of a Great Place to Work© certification and a Top Workplaces USA award! We’re committed to creating an engaged and aligned workforce that drives collaborative culture. Our team strives for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company. We consistently live the Atkore mission, strategic priorities, and behaviors, all in a way that’s consistent with our core values. Together, we build strong leaders that continually endeavor to move us forward.
With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, Atkore is a leading.
provider of electrical, safety and infrastructure solutions.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!