Saint Marys, PA
Mersen-St. Marys, a world leader in the manufacture of isostatic graphite, has an immediate opening for a Shipping Coordinator. With more than 50 industrial sites and 16 research and development centers in 35 countries around the world, Mersen develops custom built solutions and delivers key products to its clients to meet the new technological challenges shaping tomorrow’s world. For over 130 years, Mersen has focused tirelessly on innovation to accompany its clients and meet their needs. Be it in wind power, solar power, electronics, electric vehicles, aeronautics, space or countless or other sectors, wherever technology is progressing, you will always find a bit of Mersen.
PRIMARY DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate all aspects of the shipping function.
- Monitor packed material levels and prepare them for shipment.
- Receive truck drivers and direct them to appropriate loading dock for both outgoing packages and receivables.
- Observe that proper orders are put in proper trailers.
- Prepare proper shipping documentation, such as packing slips, address labels, and bills of lading.
- Update shipping/sales inventory control system.
- Regularly update shipping department employees with any changes, such as truck arrivals or cancellations.
- Maintain relationship with other departments regarding pertinent shipments with information such as truck arrival times.
- Inventory control including cycle counts and transactions.
- High school diploma
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with an ERP system such as JDE preferred.
Why Join US?
At Mersen, we are proud to be drivers of progress and to contribute to tomorrow’s world.
- Shared values and ethics
- Collaborate with a diverse team that embraces challenges and bring great ideas to life
- Learn and grow with us through our Learning and Development training programs
- We champion diversity; diversity drives our identity
- Retirement, 401K/Roth with employer contribution
- Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company provided employee life insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick time and 12 Holidays
This job description is not all inclusive. An employee may also perform other activities as required to support the business, management team, or employees, as required.
Questions can be emailed to the HR Manager at [email protected]
Successful candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. under the Immigration Reform and Control Act and must pass a drug/alcohol screen prior to employment. Mersen is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V.