Shipping Group Leader
Alpha Baking Co., Inc.
- 2nd/3rd shift (hours subject to adjustment if needed)
- assist in overseeing shipping personnel on shift
- separating product by route
- unloading product from incoming trucks
- possible warehouse work
- communicate shortages to drivers
About usAlpha Baking Company, Inc., a national distributor of breads, rolls and buns, as well as sweet goods, was founded in 1979. Headquartered in Chicago, Alpha Baking has three production plants in Illinois and others in Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Alpha Baking’s retail brands include S. Rosen’s, MaryAnn, Natural Ovens Bakery, Kreamo, and Golden Hearth, with additional product sold under private label agreements and the Alpha Baking foodservice brand. Our broad array of products can be found in national restaurant chains, quick service restaurants, schools, institutions, major league sports franchises, national grocery chains and independent grocery stores.
Required qualifications, skills and experienceQualifications:
- ability to lift up to 50 pounds independently
- ability to read/write English
- ability to perform basic math functions
- ability to push handcart
- ability to follow all company safety policies
EEO statementWe are an equal opportunity employer with policies prohibiting unlawful discrimination on the basis of any protected classification under applicable local, state and/or federal laws which include race, color religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or veteran status, Alpha Baking Company, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.