D & D Commodities Ltd.
Our Garden Distribution organization is searching for a Shipping Manager to work at our warehouse/distribution facility in Easton, PA. This position requires an individual who is safety conscious and able to perform required functions in a productive manner, working with tight schedules and deadlines.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace for all shipping employees.
- Follow and implement required safety procedures. Assist in training and keeping all employees trained and up to date on company standards.
- Ensure all orders are loaded properly, accurately, and all necessary paperwork for each shipment is delivered with the order.
- Ensure all orders are loaded properly and accurately for LTL shipments. All necessary paperwork for each shipment is delivered with order. Contacting LTL carriers when trucks are ready for pick up.
- Ensure all Regional Distribution Center orders are ready for pick up with proper paperwork and loaded in a timely manner.
- Meet production and quality levels set forth by management.
- Support outside sales reps with service information as needed.
- Manage light manufacturing capabilities
- Oversee daily warehouse activities (shipping, grass seed blending, inventory management)
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- 3+ years warehouse supervisor experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Agriculture, Agricultural Business, Turf, or Management degree is preferred, but not required)
- Must have a strong understanding of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
- Must be willing to learn SAP software program functions
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
BENEFITS PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PROGRAMS
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Free Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with 3% company match and annual profit-sharing bonus!
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on Pet supplies, cell phones, movie tickets, gym memberships, and more!
- Education Assistance (both college degrees and professional certifications)
- Referral Program with cash bonus
- Access to thousands of free online courses
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT) (NASDAQ: CENTA) understands that home is central to life and has proudly nurtured happy and healthy homes for over 40 years. With fiscal 2022 net sales of $3.3 billion, Central is on a mission to lead the future of the Pet and Garden industries. The Company’s innovative and trusted products are dedicated to helping lawns grow greener, gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. Central is home to a leading portfolio of more than 65 high-quality brands including Amdro®, Aqueon®, Cadet®, Farnam®, Ferry~Morse®, Four Paws®, Kaytee®, K&H®, Nylabone® and Pennington®, strong manufacturing and distribution capabilities and a passionate, entrepreneurial growth culture. Central Garden & Pet is based in Walnut Creek, California and has over 7,000 employees across North America and Europe. Visit www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.