Why Great Northern
Established in 1962, Great Northern is a local, privately owned paper-based packaging manufacturer with a long history of providing secure, stable, and meaningful positions. You will experience a collaborative team-first, safe, clean, enjoyable, and predictable workplace where team members support and care for one another.
Our team members produce sustainable and eco-friendly products that are supplied to national brands that impact people's day-to-day lives.
Great Northern is committed to making a difference in the lives of our team members, customers, and the communities in which we live and work. Many of our team members were referred by their friends and families who are already a part of the Great Northern team.
The shipping planner is an integral part of the daily operations of the production facility. Responsibilities include:
- Directing work for lift truck drivers as well as Leased Delivery Drivers
- Manages outside warehousing, consignment programs and consignment billing.
- Frequently interacts with Internal customers (Sales, Production Team Members, IT, Customer Service) as well as Vendors, Common Carriers, and Truck Drivers.
- Knowledgeable in all customer’s requirements and expectations
- Manages deliveries and intra-facility inventory transfers.
- Creating bill of ladings
- Taking warehouse inventory
- Entering destinations, dock times, and pick-ups in shipment app
- Assists in the certification of team members on forklifts and aerial lifts
- Previous experience in shipping planning or a degree in Logistics/Supply Chain is preferred.
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 4pm -12am with occasional weekend and third shift responsibilities.
- Salary is negotiable based on experience.
The Benefits of Great Northern
- Competitive 401K match and a historically generous profit-sharing retirement savings contribution
- Paid vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Medical plan options are available to provide flexibility in choosing the one that best suits your individual and family needs
- A near-site clinic and on-site nurse are provided to team members and their families, free of charge
- Opportunities to advance your career and compensation level
- Health/fitness and tuition reimbursements
Opportunities for Growth
You will have the opportunity to learn new skills and acquire new knowledge that can be applied to grow into new positions with higher pay. Furthermore, you can grow your career with Great Northern through advancement opportunities available at our facilities both locally and nationally.
To be successful your teammates will depend on you to have pride in your work, be on time, work safely, work effectively with others, be optimistic, take ownership of your responsibilities, and look for continuous improvement opportunities.