McConway & Torley, LLC
We are looking for someone to perform Shipping Receiving and Heavy Assembly/ for our Gallatin, TN location.
What you will do:
Assembles fabricated parts to relatively large or heavy subassemblies or complete units. Lay out reference points, positions, aligns, and fits together fabricated parts of metal according to blueprint and layout specifications fabrication. Uses hand tools, portable tools, forklifts, hoists, and cranes to move materials, parts and assemblies.
This job will also prepare shipping documents, package equipment orders for shipping and receive inbound shipments. Follow all safety rules and practices. May be involved in safety committees or initiatives. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Shipping/Receiving / Heavy Assembly
- Hand Winch Assembly
- Assembly/Testing Winches
- Perform mechanical fastening (bolts and nuts), use of hand tools
- Read Blueprints
- Preparing and packaging equipment orders for shipping, including crating
- Pulling parts for orders
- Creating shipping documents for ground, LTL, and dedicated freight shipments.
- Operate 4000 pound or higher forklifts and 1- and 2-ton jib boom cranes.
- Inspect all incoming and outgoing product to ensure quality meets company standards.
- Move product between manufacturing cells when necessary.
- Ensure all goods are loaded according to documentation and bills of lading
- Minimum of one-year industrial experience
• Ability to safely and efficiently perform all essential functions
• Regular and predictable attendance
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to function as a team member and maintain effective working relationships
• Open to being cross-trained and growing your skill sets
- Shipping and receiving experience, specifically with heavy industrial equipment.
- Experience participating in quality and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Forklift training/certification
- ERP/MRP computer skills
- Ability to self-manage workload and prioritize when needed.
- Positive attitude and customer service skills. This position is the face of the company to our shipping partners.