Shop Operations Supervisor
Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, world-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger – a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other’s successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Weatherford is hiring a Senior Shop Operations Supervisor for our West Greens Road facility in Houston. The Senior Shop Operations Supervisor will be working within a supportive, inclusive team in a fast-paced, progressive environment. Weatherford provides training, excellent benefits and fantastic career progression.
Drive assigned products through the repair & maintenance and manufacturing assembly and testing process to meet customer delivery expectations while maintaining the highest level of quality and in conformance with certification standards. Provide product throughput prioritization for assigned products within a Product Family. Provide leadership, direct supervision and training/mentoring of shopfloor personnel.
Roles & Responsibilities
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with Company’s Security, Compliance & HSE policies, Management System, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices and complies with the Company’s Rules to Live By
- Places Quality, Health & Safety, Security and protection of the Environment as core values while never intentionally placing employees, our processes, customers or the communities in which we live and work at risk
- Seeks continual improvement in Health, Safety, Security & protection of the Environment, taking into account responsible care, process vulnerabilities, public, customer and employee inputs, knowledge and technology and best business practices to exceed customer expectations
- Supervisors & Managers should demonstrate effective safety leadership for the health and safety arrangements of all subordinates and for any persons visiting them while on the Company premises
- Ensure tools are safeguarded against loss and unsafe usage
- Responsible for being familiar with the Company's Quality policies and takes an active role in the compliance and improvement of Weatherford’s Management System
- Maintains service quality as immediate priorities when working across all areas of the business and continually seeks areas for improvement
- Ensure applicable products are built in conformance with certifications standards, engineering documentation, the Weatherford Enterprise Excellence Policy, in a cost-efficient manner and on time
- Partner with the Quality Assurance group to ensure applicable tools and equipment are properly and timely calibrated
- Ensure that documented processes and procedures are in place for the assigned product lines
- Provide product throughput prioritization for assigned product(s) within Product Family
- Establish production schedules and make adjustments as bottlenecks occur
- Develop and maintain assembly workflows and provide proper product assembly direction for all assigned products
- Partner with Sustaining Engineering to develop, implement and maintain proper test protocols on applicable products and processes
- Ensure proper tools are available to technicians as required to perform their functions
- Monitor all related KPIs and provide reports on production, efficiency, cost control, etc.
- Requisition supplies as necessary to meet delivery schedule
- Review, explain and take action to correct work order variances
- Coordinate and collaborate with other departments to meet production schedules and quality standards
- Supervises installation and maintenance of shopfloor equipment
- Train and implement 5S, Safety, Quality, Productivity, ISO and LEAN improvements
- Maintains effective communications with all key stakeholders both internal and external, where applicable
- Supervisors & Managers should clearly communicate expectations, roles and responsibilities to their reports
- Effectively interface and coordinate with cross-functional teams and external customers to achieve manufacturing results
- All employees have an accountability to the organisation to be financially responsible whether they are in charge of a function budget or simply their own expenses
- Costs incurred should be within approved budget, processed within agreed time frames & following the relevant financial policy and procedure
- Reduce production cost by implementing improvement activity
- Conserve company assets
PEOPLE & DEVELOPMENT
- Employees have a responsibility for developing their own careers within the Company including completing all necessary function, compliance & business standards training to enhance their knowledge, skills and experience
- Employees should engage on a regular basis with their line manager to discuss their personal performance, objectives and opportunities to enhance their skills and experience to support their career potential
- Supervisors are expected to actively engaging their employees to support talent management through Weatherford’s performance management process, including but not limited to talent assessments, succession planning & regular coaching opportunities
- Supervisors should collaborate with Human Resources & Training Development to drive strategies for the recruitment & retention of key personal & to foster an environment that supports the attraction & retention of a high-performing talented workforce
- Manage employee time and attendance including approving timesheets, time off, etc.
VISION & LEADERSHIP
- Demonstrates leadership, ethical behaviour and adherence to Weatherford standards at all times
- Effectively prepare and present information to top management, peers and subordinates as applicable
Experience & Education
- 8+ years related experience in a manufacturing and repair & maintenance environment
- Minimum 5+ years experience in supervisory/management role
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Related technical or bachelor’s degree
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of manufacturing and repair & maintenance processes, principles and standards
- Ability to lead and implement improvements such as 5S, Safety, Scrap Reduction, Quality and Productivity improvements
- Proven analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to effectively communicate, delegate, empower and strengthen subordinates in all aspects of their duties to achieve required outcomes
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook email, etc.)
- Knowledge of fully integrated manufacturing ERP software
- This role may require domestic and potentially international travel of up to: <10%