Shop Tech II/Diesel Mechanic
Casa Grande, AZ
Stotz Equipment is looking for a Shop Tech II/Diesel Mechanic. This individual will be responsible for the effective diagnosis and repair of engine components, including small engines, agricultural equipment, and other types of machinery or implements sold in the market area. Their work must be completed safely, professionally, and in a timely manner. If you're the kind of person who strives to do great work, excels in creative team environments, and lives for problem-solving and opportunities for growth, this is the place for you.
What you'll Do
Independently performs complex diagnostics, service repairs, and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned equipment. Work must be completed at high levels of quality and safety. Daily duties will include some customer contact, electrical and hydraulic diagnosing, troubleshooting using diagnostic tools, and making repairs. Work assignments will be completed in the shop. May require some direction or guidance from Service Manager or Shop Foreman.
What it Takes
- Must own and maintain their own tools.
- Intermediate computer skills
- Have and maintain a clean driving record
- Ability to assemble, perform maintenance functions on equipment, and diagnose electrical and hydraulic problems.
- Able to work a varying work schedule/shift and be flexible in order to respond to after-hour calls.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service; Understands our customers' needs and resolves issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
Compensation will depend on skill-set, equipment knowledge, and work experience.
- Must have 3-5 years experience as a mechanic working on small engines, diesel, and gas engines
- Experience working on John Deere or other agriculture equipment
- High School Diploma
- Associates or better in Mechanical Systems or related field
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and a telephone.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements (i.e. have the visual acuity to read words and numbers on the computer screen and on paper.)
- Hearing ability; sufficient to communicate with others in person or over the phone.
- Moderate lifting may be required (up to 50 pounds)
- Ability to reach, stoop, kneel, and bend as needed.
What You’ll Get
- Incentive Program
- Training through John Deere University
- A chance to work for the best in the business
- A comprehensive employee benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, and 401K plans
- Earned PTO
- Paid company holidays
About the Company
The company, founded as Arizona Machinery in 1947 has been under the same family’s leadership since. Tom Rosztoczy, CEO of Stotz Equipment since 1998, has grown our company from 3 to 25 dealerships operating in 8 western states. In 2013, all dealerships were consolidated under the name Stotz Equipment. The name Stotz - a shortened version of the family's last name - was suggested by employees to make sure our growing company never loses sight of its family history. With a history of success, Stotz is always looking towards the future. Growth plans for the future will offer you an ever-changing and challenging environment with immense professional growth opportunities. Stotz Equipment believes that people are the company’s number one asset. People are the starting point in the company’s Circle of Success. Every employee at Stotz strives towards our ambitious vision “To be the Best Equipment Dealer in the World.”ID:uDnQdo