Sign Journeyman Electrician
Facility Solutions Group is dedicated to timeless contribution and service in lighting, electrical, energy, and technology fields. Our mission is to consistently provide our customers with superior value through quality products, service and support by contributing to the quality of life of all employees.
As one of the nation’s largest single-source providers of lighting and electrical products, electrical services, electrical construction, and energy management solutions is expanding its staff and seeking an Aerial Journeymanl/Sign Technician to join the FSG - Houston team.
As an Aerial Journeymanl/Sign Technicianyou will plan layouts, install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment for commercial lighting. The ideal candidate will have experience in commercial electrical and sign maintenance, as well as promote the core values of FSG through excellent customer service and assuring the safety of all work.
An Aerial Journeymanl/Sign Technician will:
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications, safety codes and local electrical codes.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels; installs Buss, electrical feeders, power systems and/or switchgear.
- Repairs faulty equipment or systems.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Meets attendance standards and complies with late/absence notification procedures.
- Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Able to work a flexible schedule that may include overtime, evenings and weekends.
- Work with 40’ reach and larger bucket trucks.
- Must be able to lift large pieces of equipment as needed.
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following requirements and qualifications:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree
- MINIMUM of 1 year as lead Aerial Service / Sign Technician
- MUST have Current State Journeyman Electrician’s License
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass both a drug screen and background check
- Ability to multitask while staying organized
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Positive customer service skills
- Experience in lighting a plus!
- Stable employment
- 401K Program with matching contributions.
- Medical, Dental and Life benefits
- Advancement opportunities for outstanding performers
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.