Site Custodian (Laclede)
Idaho Forest Group-Lewiston
Idaho Forest Group is currently seeking an experienced Custodian to join our team!
COMPETATIVE PAY STARTING AT $22/HR AND FULL BENEFITS!
This position will perform a variety of general and specific cleaning and upkeep tasks in the general mill, sawmill, planer and maintenance areas and buildings.
- Cleans and keeps up various surfaces and material within a building or space
- Sweeps and mops floors
- Vacuums and steam cleans carpets
- Washes windows and cleans windowsills
- Cleans and disinfect toilets and replenishes supplies such as toilet paper, soap, and paper towels
- Deep cleaning of various areas as needed
- COVID cleaning protocols of high touch surfaces and common areas
- Maintains inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment; communicates purchasing request as needed always resulting in appropriate stock
- Operates and maintains equipment such as vacuums and floor cleaners
- Collects and removes trash and recyclables from a building or space; transfers to designated area
- Notifies supervisor when major repairs, including structural issues or highly skilled tasks are required
- Maintains a level of security in a building, such as locking doors, storing keys, and using access codes for restricted areas and room
- Performs outdoor upkeep as necessary, including trash removal
- Typically works when facilities are closed to the public or during low traffic time periods
- Comprehend and perform all duties in accordance with rules and regulations including
- Learn the safe and efficient operation of job-related equipment
- Use of hand tools to clean area, broom, vacuum, etc.
- Consistently keep a production level work pace
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Other duties as needed
Specific job duties and shifts may vary, but this description is intended to cover the baseline. Ask your supervisor if there are addendums for site specific variances.
- High School Diploma or GED (or willingness to quickly obtain one as a condition of employment)
- Valid Driver’s License is required
- Must be able to work various shifts, days, and overtime as requested.
As a condition of employment, Idaho Forest Group requires employees to complete a variety of pre-employment screening processes which may include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug and substance test, reference check, prior work verification, driving history (MVR), education verification, aptitude/skills testing, and credit checks. The depth of screening will vary based on the position.
Move safely, quickly, and perform duties with repetitious movement. Sit and/or stand for shift, reach with hands and arms, stoop, squat, twist, push and pull, maintain balance, bend at the waist, kneel, walk varying distances, and climb stairs.
- Repetitious bending, kneeling, reaching, and stretching
- Repetitious pushing and pulling 20+ lbs.
- Occasional lifting 25+ lbs.
- Occasional pushing, pulling, or lifting 50 lbs.
- Continuous walking/standing
Must be able to tolerate extreme hot, humid, cold, and outdoor conditions. Comfortable working in loud environment, around moving machinery, with vibrations and airborne particles (sawdust).
Idaho Forest Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, genetic information, family medical history, or any other status protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at 208-762-6630 and/or [email protected]