Site Development Civil Engineer
Steeger USA, LLC
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
We are looking for a licensed Civil Engineer to work within our project teams of Registered Architects and other licensed Professional Engineers supporting conceptual studies, planning efforts, property evaluations, site works and utility designs, storm water management solutions, city permitting, project management activities and management of sub-consultants in multiple states.
- Perform due diligence for site selection and site planning activities which will include, but is not limited to, preliminary local zoning and environmental evaluation (endangered species, critical habitats, wetlands, archaeological/cultural/historic resources), FAA analysis.
- Assist in site plan design for industrial facility applications.
- Complete hydraulic calculations and analysis and prepare reports in formats acceptable to the jurisdictional authorities.
- Supervise design using analysis software and AutoCAD Civil 3D and HydroCad.
- Completion of engineering calculations and create design using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Create and assemble a complete set of site construction documents
- Develop specifications on a project specific basis using company templates, interface with on-site and remote cross-functional project teams.
- Prepare and administer governmental site plan and environmental related permit applications through approval, which may include attending on-site governmental meetings and workshops at local, county, regional, state and federal levels anywhere in the United States.
- Stay up to date and current of all changes in codes and industry standards both at state and national levels.
- Oversee and administer the activities of other civil consultants (Geotech, Surveying, etc)
- Read and evaluate the following:
- Land Surveys and GIS Mapping
- Geotechnical Engineering reports
- Wetland delineation reports
- Traffic studies
- Phase I, II and III environmental assessment reports
- Subsurface location surveys
- Noise and sound studies
- Wildlife/ critical habitat/ archeological/ historic/ and cultural resource reports
- Help define Site Design Concept documents for projects.
- Perform site and facility condition assessments.
- Civil Engineer P.E. level must have a minimum of 5 years of site design and engineering
- Experience with permitting at the federal, state, regional, county and local levels.
- Some experience in industrial site design.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to interact with our governmental staff, valued team members and clients.
- Excellent computer skills including AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Performed field facility condition assessments.
- Completed hydraulic calculations and analysis.
- Supervised design using analysis software and AutoCAD.
- Developed specifications, interface with cross functional project teams
- Inspected installations.
- Proficient at producing construction documents using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Demonstrated ability to complete site design and report writing.
- Supervisory skills with support and design staff.
- Relocation: We are looking for candidates local to the area. For highly qualified applicants outside of the local area relocation assistance is available.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- BS Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
Licenses and certifications:
- P.E. licensure is required.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.