Site Manager I
As a Site Manager I, you will provide customer and purchasing support, inventory control, and other contract compliance activities through subordinates. You will address complaints, resolve problems and establish/maintain an environment of continuous improvement and cost savings initiatives. You will also be accountable for identifying areas of opportunity to increase sales and billing margins. You will be responsible for managing employees onsite and leads team of up to 6 employees. You will be responsible for site spending up to $10M, and cost savings initiatives up to 2%.
- Coordinates purchasing, customer service, vendor relationships and warehousing activities in accordance with policies, procedures and principles established by WESCO Integrated Supply and the program contract.
- Confers with customer to enhance and further implement the program. Evaluates areas for improvement and expanded services. Establishes working relationship and effective communication with key managers and plant staff.
- Develops knowledge of customer’s business and plant operations so pertinent information can be communicated to our customers and implemented as needed to enhance our program offering.
- Monitors program effectiveness and prepares monthly reports for internal use and the customer on various topics such as cost, sales, performance, service, quality and improvements.
- Participates in value added and cost savings ideas to provide information to customers.
- Ensures cost savings ideas are generated, documented and submitted to customer for approval by means of e-Crib Cost Savings Ideas database. Additional follow-up as required to obtain customer approval of submitted cost savings.
- Ensures cost savings meets or exceeds customer’s annual contractual requirements.
- Identifies issues and potential solutions. Suggests program improvements.
- Responsible for human resource management at site.
- Trains customers and employees on system(s).
- Resolves customer payment and billing issues.
- Coordinates technical support and value added activities.
- Coordinates vendor information sharing activities with customer, including new product launches, value added services, and cost savings initiatives.
- Records and researches customer problems and provides them with corrective action solutions.
- Creates and maintains accurate inventory item databases. Conducts physical inventories, and cycle count requirements.
- High School Degree or Equivalent required
- Associates’ Degree (U.S.)/College Diploma (Canada) preferred
- Inventory/store room management – 3-5 years
- Combination of formal education and experience is desired for the effective management of a site
- Entrepreneurial style of management
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines without exception
- Ability to understand complex problems, the options available, and to pursue the best possible solution with confidence
- Ability to analyze data and tooling requirements and improvements
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret most documents and drawings
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and others
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Wesco International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Wesco”) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law. US applicants only, we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.