Skilled Laborer-Austin Industrial
Austin Industries, Inc.
Will perform various labor-intensive tasks in an industrial setting under the direction of a supervisor or foreman. May operate a variety of hand and power tools. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste materials. May assist other craft workers. Other duties may be assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor.
- Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Material handling and storage.
- Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Bring problems to the attention of the Foreman or Safety personnel.
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in an industrial setting.
- Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required for this Position:
Education – no minimum education requirements.
Experience – 6+ months experience in an Industrial setting preferred.
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.ID:uDnQdo