Skilled Laborer – Primoris Renewable Energy -Snyder, TX
- Measure distances
- Pick up and carry various tools and materials as needed.
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using pick and shovel.
- Position & align, panels, stage work.
- Spray materials with hose to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Apply caulking compounds by hand or with caulking gun to seal crevices.
- Grind surfaces, such as concrete, using abrading tools or machines.
- Assemble solar panels at the job site.
- Install solar modules, panels, and support structures in accordance with PSC and client standards.
- Configure the wiring and inspect all electrical parts.
- Install and connect any batteries or other accessories.
- Perform routine system maintenance on modules, arrays, batteries, power conditioning equipment, safety systems, structural systems, water sealing, or balance of systems equipment.
- Measure, cut, and assemble the support structure for solar panels.
- Test operating voltages to ensure operation within acceptable limits for power conditioning equipment, such as inverters and controllers.
- Perform a variety of tasks, such as dismantling forms, involving dexterous use of hands and tools.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- One (1) to four (4) years of experience in specified skill (depending on mechanic level).
- Written pre-employment qualification test.
- Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation.
- New Hire Orientation Quiz
- Applicant/employee must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individual or others in the workplace.
- Job site safety requirements as required by the client (clean shaven, long sleeves, steel toe boots, etc.).
- Safety equipment as required by the client (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, safety harness with lanyard, etc.).
- Must comply with company’s drug and alcohol abuse policy.
- Must be able to pass physical examination, pre-employment if necessary, and as required by the company.
- Able to climb and maintain balance on ladders, scaffolding, stairways, etc.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or work at elevated heights as well as in confined spaces (towers, vessels, excavations, etc.).
- Able to carry 50 lbs. of tool and/or materials. It is recommended to get assistance to lift items over 50 lbs. Check with your project supervisor or project safety director.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work extended hours on your feet on uneven surfaces (dirt, concrete, asphalt, mud, gravel, etc.)
- Must be clean shaven and able to work while wearing a respirator and other personal protective equipment, when required.
- Location: energy construction sites and/or fabrication shop
- Mobility Barriers to Access Job Site:
- Uneven ground level
- Obstructed pathways
- Work performed at low and/or high elevations
- Work performed in confined areas
- Climatic/Environmental Conditions at Job Site:
- Predominately outdoor climate
- May be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather
- Excessive humidity, rain, etc.
- Various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, etc.
- Potential exposure to chemical substances