Skilled Machine Operator
Dairy Farmers of America
Starting Payrate: $26/HR
Attractive work hours!
Work 36 hours per week and get paid for 40 hours per week
Dairy Farmers of America is looking for highly dependable team players to join our staff as a SKILLED MACHINE OPERATOR at our Mechanicsburg, PA facility. The role of the Skilled Machine Operator is to perform as a member of the Operations Team in various functions as assigned that include: FILLER OPERATOR, POD OPERATOR, RETORT OPERTOR.
If you are fascinated by the process of industrial food & beverage manufacturing and are committed to supporting our reputation for excellent products, then this is the place for you.
Assigned shifts are Monday-Wednesday (Night 6:00pm-6:30am) or Thursday-Saturday (Day 6:00am-6:30pm or Night 6:00pm-6:30am). Work three 12 hours shifts each week and get paid for 40 hours.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Operating equipment such as fillers, POD, or retorts
- Troubleshooting, performing minor maintenance repairs and inputting items into the SAP system. This may require operating powered industrial trucks.
- Engage in problem solving to assist in improving safety, quality, yields and productivity.
- Maintain accurate production records that are written, and computer based.
- Review charts, screens, quality check sheets and specifications that are in both hard copy and electronic format.
- Perform cleaning and sanitation tasks as required to maintain plant equipment.
- Assist with training efforts in functional area as needed
- Maintain a high level of safety and quality awareness and a high degree of urgency.
- Foster teamwork consistent with our company and plant Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Must adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Follows all DFA GMP's and works in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.