Gold Medal Bakery, Inc.
Fall River, MA
Join our great team of dedicated individuals! At Gold Medal Bakery, we pride ourselves on hiring and retaining high quality people that showcase our core values of Integrity, Commitment and Caring in their work every single day.
Gold Medal Bakery employs state of the art technologies in its IT Infrastructure. These technologies support a customer facing ordering system, predictive analytics, redundant computer systems and storage, Enterprise ERP and factory automation including robotics.
We seek a Software Developer responsible for designing and programming applications and software to meet identified needs. As such, the Software Developer will use coding languages and protocols to compose, compile and test software programs and application to meet user needs and specifications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL TASKS
- Collaborates with stakeholders (including project manager, clients, end users, and others) to assess usability needs, requirements, and specifications for the requested program or application.
- Analyzes existing program logic to identify causes of program malfunctions; modifies program logic to eliminate problems or increase the operational efficiency of the program.
- Drafts and submits proposals that include flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate the steps and logical operations involved to appropriate staff for review and approval.
- Designs and programs applications and software to meet identified needs.
- Coordinates with project managers to ensure timelines are met.
- Performs diagnostic testing on programs, which may include reading code or running diagnostic software to detect syntax or logic errors.
- Modifies, replaces, or removes code to resolve problems and errors.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of all new and updated programming.
- Facilitates installation of software; monitors performance and effectiveness after installation.
- Provides training to end users on effective use of applications and programs.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in related areas of technology and programming.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Preparation and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related degree or equivalent combination of education and technical experience required.
- Thorough understanding of design, testing and modification of programs and applications.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent organizational skill and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skill with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Minimum of 2 years recent experience in a similar position, with proficiency in the following:
- C# and Visual Basic
- With our migration from Windows Forms to a more current platform, experience with Windows Form is preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, and able to work independently with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Must be able to lead and/or actively participate in assigned projects of business improvement deliverables.
- Frequent, internal contact with employees from other departments. Occasional contact with outsiders such as contractors and equipment service representatives.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are require to support enterprise initiatives.
Benefits of working at Gold Medal Bakery!
When you join the Gold Medal Bakery team, you not only become part of our team, but also join our family of individuals who help us to uphold our commitment of providing the best products and services. We view our team members as our most valuable asset, and provide a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits, including the following:
- Paid holidays, sick and vacation time
- Medical (BCBS of MA PPO or HMO plans), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D and LTD insurance
- 401K with discretionary company match
- Scholarship Eligibility
- Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Annual Physical Exam Incentive
- DoorDash Dash Pass
If you are qualified and interested in this position, we encourage you to apply now on our website at https://www.goldmedalbakery.com/employment-opportunities/