Software Developer II
Job SummaryGeneral Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
Under supervision dependent on skill level, this position is responsible for integrating and testing the full SW stack for autonomy and AI from conception to deployment as needed. This position also contributes to standing up unclassed and classified SILs, actively supporting flight events as needed, interfacing with customers, and doing what is required to ensure the project succeeds. Assignments might include writing SW to bridge components, running SIL’s for integration testing before flight, helping to integrate third party payloads on to the plane, analyzing test results, or helping to fix issues during ground testing or even in flight as it relates to SW. Communication and adaptability with intense customer focus is key for this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Integration and end to end testing encompassing architecting system deployments, autonomy/AI flight ops support, integration of Artificial Intelligence solutions, integrating third party payloads, understanding SW stack end to end, developing/validating requirements, developing SW bridges, and generally being responsible for the overall software system end to end through its life cycle.
- Work with stakeholders through the life cycle to define requirements, integrate, and verify systems.
- Work with stakeholders in support of creating test plans, test cases, and test execution of software features.
- Plan and coordinate deployment of enterprise applications and/or aircraft embedded software features including cross-platform compliance.
- Plan and develop the maintenance of software solutions including debugging, maintenance, and updating to ensure viability in a rapidly evolving environment.
- In person SW support for lab test and flight events.
- Work with test team in supporting development of test automation.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in computer science, information systems or related discipline and two or more years progressive software development experience with a bachelors degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education
- Must be customer focused, formulates plans based on the development of innovative new designs in resolving advanced software development problems.
- Must have ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Must have ability to understand systems from application level to deployment details.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective interface with other departments, teams, or third parties.
- Familiarity with operating systems RHEL and Windows.
- Familiarity with Docker and containers.
- Strong familiarity with coding in one or more of programming languages Java, Java Script, C/C++, and Python.
- Nice to Haves/Preferred
- Nice to have broad technical expertise in integrating and verifying software distributed systems.
- Experience with OMS architecture
- Experience in Object-Oriented Design, Distributed Systems, and Service-Oriented Architectures.
- Knowledge of architecting and developing full stack software in an enterprise environment.
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins and Gitlab.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies such as Docker and Virtual Machines.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle, and MongoDB.
- Familiarity with DDS.
- Familiarity with JAMA, SysML and git
- Familiarity with networking.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance is required.