Software Engineer, DevSecOps (Experienced, Senior)
Software Engineer, DevSecOps (Experienced, Senior)
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Kent, WA
Job Description Qualifications:
The Boeing Company is looking for a Software Engineer, DevSecOps to join our team in Kent, WA.
This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization, specifically the Satellite Mission Software team.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with experience building and sustaining sophisticated and highly scalable cloud software infrastructures. You will work alongside a multi-disciplinary team of software and systems engineers to build the required infrastructure and tools to deploy satellite ground software in a cloud environment.
In this role, you will support an Agile team while working to promote thorough testing and clean software practices. You will develop and exercise skills in cloud software management, deploying and maintaining software services with Docker / Kubernetes, implementing deployment mechanisms using “Configuration as Code” and “Infrastructure as Code”, and working to improve and standardize development environments for the team.
Our teams are currently hiring for a broad range of experience levels including Experienced and Senior Level Software Engineers.
Primary Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Develop and deploy infrastructure and tooling to support deployment of ground software capabilities in a cloud environment
- Support standardization / templatization of software version management and deployment controls (using Infrastructure as Code and Configuration as Code processes)
- Develop and maintain Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines to automate build and deployment of software services
- Standardize software development environments and work to provide software tools needed by the team
- Support high-level software architecture decisions and promote DevSecOps standard processes across the team
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or other technical degree
- 3 or more years supporting program development, security, and / or operations in a cloud environment
- Experience with cloud computing and deployment / administration of containerized applications and frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with Bitbucket, Gitlab, Gitlab-CI, Confluence, Jenkins, Jira
- Experience in software development, systems engineering, or integration and test experience with mission systems on tactical platforms
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Packer or similar technologies
- Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC) pipelines
- Solid understanding of the CI/CD process including debugging, test, and integration of software tools
- Understanding of secure software development methodologies and Security First approach
- Understanding of crafting and implementing full stack/Microservice infrastructure
- Have the ability to set up, and manage a tool-chain using tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Artifactory, ELK, SonarQube, Jira, Prometheus, Fluentd, Helm, Terraform, Ansible, DataGrid, JBoss, Cloud Suite, OpenShift, Docker, and more
- Understanding of security controls such as DoD RMF, HIPAA, or SOC
- Excellent communication, software readability, and documentation practices
- Current CompTIA Security+ certification
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer certification
Typical Education/Experience Level 3 Experienced
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Typical Education/Experience Level 4, Senior
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This is a union represented position.
Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be considered.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range:
Experienced $112,200 - $151,800
Senior $130,900 - $177,100
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 3
Job Code:6J7BI3 (6D7)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement