Neptune Technology Group Inc.
Neptune Technology Group Inc. is a pioneer in the development of automatic meter reading (AMR) and advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) technologies for more than 50 years. Since 1892 Neptune has continually focused on the evolving needs of utilities – revenue optimization, operational efficiencies, and improved customer service. The company offers a fully integrated migration path for its utility customers to meet their needs now and in the future. For additional information, please visit the company website at www.neptunetg.com
Software Engineer Business Intelligence
As a member of the Data Architecture Analytics and Reporting (DAARe) team, the Business Intelligence Developer for cloud systems is responsible working cross functionally with the Data architects and ETL Developers to generate scheduled and ad hoc reports and visualizations. This position will use AWS QuickSight and other AWS platforms as a service tooling in their day-to-day tasks.
- Responsible for the development and support of user facing solutions.
- Perform data analysis and create data models for peer review.
- Deep understanding of relational database design concepts and SQL programming
- Create and enhance data sets that promote ease of use and consistency in naming conventions and metric definition.
- Work with offshore support/development resources.
- Communicate with other BI team members, offshore team members, and cross-IT staff on support and project activities.
- Assist with task identification and effort estimates for reporting development.
- Assist with risk and issue identification.
- Enrich experience of our business partners interacting with our data through use of drill downs, filters, and visualizations.
- Ensure solutions comply with security and authentication standards of the organization.
- Prepare and execute unit tests.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of AWS QuickSight, Tableau or Power BI experience, including experience with Data Set creation.
- Experience writing moderate to complex SQL code.
- Ability to read and/or design logical and multi-dimensional data models
- Experience with unstructured databases technologies (ex, Data lakes, Hadoop, NoSQL)
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to work effectively in a team environment are required
- IT processes and development methodologies including Agile
- Ability to operate in a fast-changing environment
- The ability to work with all levels of the organization
- A can-do attitude
- A degree in Computer Science, a related discipline, equivalent work experience of 3+ years overall IT or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired
Location: Duluth, GA
Equal Opportunity Employer EEO/AA M/F/Vet Disability