National Oilwell Varco
We are seeking a self-motivated Software Engineer in Max Digital Solutions (MDS) to work in a team responsible for creating a common or core set of software for an Industrial IoT Platform for all NOV Business Segments. Your main responsibility will be developing new features and fixes for existing software and helping business units integrate that software into their solutions. You will have to wear many hats, but this is a team effort and your will have the support of both your peers and leadership to not only achieve your responsibilities but to become a better software engineer.
- provide support for released software
- implement features and fixes as dictated by business/engineering management
- deploy and release software to cloud and edge environments
- interact with other groups to solve common need and integrate with released software
- 1+ year(s) experience in software engineering
- Ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical personnel
- Ability to gather requirements
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to learn new technologies and techniques
- experience with Go/Golang
- experience with gRPC/REST protocols
- experience with message brokers
- experience with databases (e.g., Postgres/MySQL)
- experience with concurrency and race conditions
- experience with applications running in a cloud environment
NOV is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation
Every day, the oil and gas industry’s best minds put more than 150 years of experience to work to help our customers achieve lasting success.
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’ needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on budget.