Software Engineer (Mid-Level and Experienced)
Software Engineer (Mid-Level and Experienced)
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Everett, WA, USA - Renton, WA
Job Description Qualifications:
The Boeing Company is looking for Software Engineers capable of contributing to all phases of the software development lifecycle (requirements, architecture, implementation, and verification) to join our Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) Organization in Everett, WA.
Depending on skills, the individual will work in a number of areas including Avionics, Cabin and Network Systems, Common Core System, Electronic Subsystems, Environmental Controls, Flight Controls, or Propulsion. The individual will assist with documenting of software requirements, architectures, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
The selected individuals will interface with suppliers and internal Boeing organizations to oversee development of new software and updates, ensure application of industry standards and Boeing requirements, and assure certification/compliance with FAA regulatory requirements. Engineers applying for this position would be working with one or more of the following specifications:
- RTCA’s DO-178B/C, DO-330, DO-331, and DO-332 specifications
- SAE’s ARP 4754A (Guidelines for development of Civil Aircraft and Systems)
- SAE’s ARP 4761 (Guidelines and Methods for conducting the Safety Assessment process of Civil Aircrafts and Systems)
The software engineer is expected to apply the guidelines from DO-178B/C to software development projects, in order to support compliance and certification activities. The documentation reviews for this role range from requirements/design/test/software quality assurance plan reviews to test automation reviews and problem report reviews.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Our teams are currently hiring for a broad range of experience levels including: Mid-Level and Experienced Software Engineers.
- Assists in oversight of software suppliers in development of airborne systems software and related project management activities
- Supports review and approval of suppliers’ software lifecycle data throughout software lifecycle processes; from planning, requirements, development/implementation, verification and certification phases
- Assists showing of compliance in accordance with FAA regulations associated with software development
- Assist in stage of involvement (SOI) reviews/audits, as well as Requirements Reviews, Design Reviews, and Test Readiness Reviews
- Supports software project management and software supplier management functions
- Work collaboratively with suppliers to ensure that each system operates as designed and free of safety issues and quality problems
- Review and disposition problem reports written by Systems Engineers and Suppliers
- Assists in writing technical summaries to support compliance finding leading to software certification
- Works under general supervision
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or other technical degree
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- 5+ years of experience with software development using either Java, C++, or Python
- 3+ years of experience in embedded software development, verification, or certification
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years' of experience in RTCA DO-178(B/C) Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification
- Leads activities to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
Mid-Level (Level 3)
Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Experienced (Level 4)
Bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
This is a union-represented position.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range for Mid-level (Level 3): $112,200 - $151,800
Summary pay range for Experienced (Level 4): $130,900 - 177,100
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:Not an export control position
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 3
Job Code:6J7BI3 (6D6)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement