Software Engineering Manager
Who we are:
Brady makes products that make the world a safer and more productive place. We are a global leader in safety, identification and compliance solutions for a diverse range of workplaces. From the depths of the ocean to outer space, from the factory floor to the delivery room - we’re just about everywhere you look. Companies around the world trust Brady because of our deep expertise and knowledge across a wide range of industries and applications - powered by our world-class manufacturing capabilities.
We have a diverse customer base in industries including electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, healthcare, aerospace and more. As of July 31, 2022, Brady employed approximately 5,700 people worldwide. Our fiscal 2022 sales were approximately $1.30 billion. Brady stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BRC. You can learn more about us at www.bradycorp.com.
Why work at Brady:
A career at Brady means working for a global company that has thrived for over 100 years, and whose innovative spirit drives our future growth.
Brady offers competitive pay and great benefits, supported by a culture that encourages collaboration and innovation. We strive to foster an inclusive workplace where diverse talent can learn, grow, and succeed. And with deeply rooted values, no matter where you work at Brady, you’ll feel connected to the community through our charitable contributions and opportunities to give back.
Our headquarters are in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, but we have more than 70 locations globally, giving our employees the opportunity to work with colleagues around the world.
What We Need:
Brady corporation is looking for a creative and experienced engineering manager to lead the development of a global ecommerce platform. Our Software Engineering Managers are characterized by progressive technical experience and demonstrated progression in leadership responsibility. They have also kept their technology exposure current and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment.This position will lead our development efforts to achieve our online revenue targets with great user experience on a reliable and scalable platform.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to set development roadmaps & report results
- Identify opportunities for new solutions or modifications to existing solutions to improve productivity/profitability
- Establish technology strategies in alignment with business' goals
- Build and grow a team of talented engineers
- Establish a culture to continually strengthen our core software engineering capabilities
- Plan and guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery, on-time and on-budget
- Negotiate and close hardware/software/service purchases
- Manage team budget
- Understand and contribute to the technical solution from design to code
- Leverage current DevOps practices to achieve high quality, and efficiency through process automation
- Collaborate to craft elegant and engaging user experiences
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of managing software engineers, including hiring and performance management
- Strong understanding of current software development best practices
- Experience with agile development practices
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Experience designing, developing, and leading scalable and secure web software solutions
- Good understanding of the tools of the trade, including Object oriented programming (C#), Microsoft .NET framework, SQL Server, Front-end development frameworks like AngularJS, and Cloud computing
- Complete insurance coverage starting on first day of employment – medical, dental, vision, life
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bonus opportunity
- Vacation and holiday pay