Software Management Configuration Engineer II
Country:United States of America
Location:CA550: Fullerton, CA Bldg 675 1801 West Hughes Drive Building 675, Fullerton, CA, 92834 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you can try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The Configuration and Data Management (CDM) organization is responsible for ensuring our products are under configuration control and delivered on time. The CDM Organization consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices, and our customers. Disciplines in the CDM organization participate in the life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. The CDM organization is comprised of Effector CM (ECM), Data Management (DM/DEX), Software Configuration Management (SWCM), and Sensor CM (SCM).
The Software Configuration Management (SWCM) department follows the basic principles of Configuration Management. SWCM establishes and maintains integrity for all digital products throughout the entire life cycle. SWCM provides innovative solutions through automation, continuous improvement, and a skilled workforce providing support for all digital computing products: embedded software, firmware/configurable logic, test equipment, simulation, Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) and tools.
The Software Configuration Engineer will:
- Perform software builds
- Provide support to the Program and Software Configuration Control Board
- Maintain Action Item and Change Request databases
- Follow Raytheon Policies and Directives in accordance with established program documentation and work instructions under close direction of SWCM Team Lead and/or Section Leader
The SWCM department is looking for a full-time and on-site Software Configuration Management Engineer II, located in Fullerton, CA.
Responsibilities to Anticipate
- Design, plan, enforce and coordinate CM processes and procedures
- Configuration Planning & Identification
- Change Management & Version Control
- Status Accounting & Configuration Audits
- Product Release
- Manage digital product development libraries
- Document and maintain guidelines and standards for dependency management, build and versioning
- SWCM Tool administration / manage all access to the source code repository (i.e. Microsoft Azure DevOps Server (ADS), Git, BitBucket) and/or defect tracking systems (i.e., JIRA)
- Administer/manage/use DevSecOps tools like Coverity, Artifactory, Jenkins
- Facilitate the Digital Change Review Board (DCRB)
- Maintain familiarity with program schedule, identifying risks and aligning work to promote reuse and efficiency
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of prior relevant experience OR in absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required
- 2 years professional engineering experience
- Experience with version control and change management tools
- Software Configuration Management technology, Information Technology (IT), and/or development/scripting experience
- Experience with Windows and Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Capable of solving complex problems, sharing knowledge and documenting work
- Experience with SWCM tools (Microsoft Azure DevOps Server (ADS) - Git, BitBucket, IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC), and/or IBM Rational ClearCase, Synergy, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Experience with scripting programming languages (i.e., Perl, shell, batch, Python, Ruby, or YAML)
- Experience with Continuous Improvement, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) concepts
- Database / SWCM tool administration experience
- Proven experience with configuration management concepts and implementation
- Experience with software industry best practices such as Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI)
- Work effectively with individuals from diverse communities/cultures and cross discipline organizations
What We Offer:
Whether you are just starting out your career journey, or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package, including compensation, healthcare, wellness, retirement, work/life benefits, career development, and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.
Check us out on YouTube:
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances is on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to
receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be
met (see guidelines) to receive the Referral AwardingThe salary range for this role is 62,000 USD - 124,000 USD; however, RTX considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, location, education/training, and key skills. Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company’s performance.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo