Software/Hardware Tester Level 1
Software/Hardware Testers are responsible for developing and executing test plans to validate product performance against design specifications. Candidates for this position must be able to work in an organized fashion, be attentive to detail and methodical in their work.
The major responsibilities of the position are:
- Create detailed Test Plans and Test Cases, setup, analyze, troubleshoot, test, and create bug reports for prototype pro audio equipment including computer audio, digital recording, digital mixer, content creator, and digital loudspeaker software/systems.
- Clearly document and communicate issues to engineers for duplication and resolution.
- Determine own daily testing activities meeting Loud project priorities.
- Test prototype and production audio/video products in real-world testing environments.
- Iteratively test incomplete prototypes as development continues and features are added.
- Validate DAW, OS, and Hardware compatibility with devices under test.
- Follow standard testing documentation, procedures, and processes.
- Audio signal measurement using Audio Precision test equipment.
- Measure digital recording audio systems, digital mixer, and speaker systems to create product specifications.
- Create release documentation for technical support and marketing that includes known issues, best practices, and workarounds.
- Document all testing results and communicate clearly to stakeholders.
- Stay up to date on state-of-the-art testing techniques and methodologies.
Competencies and Skills:
- Ability to work within a team.
- Great planning skills.
- Good oral and written skills.
- Detailed understanding of pro audio systems, products, and live sound production.
- Detailed understanding of recording software, products, and audio production.
- Real world experience with computer and digital recording audio systems, digital mixer and speaker systems and ability to test these in real world environments.
- Experience with Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Linux.
- Basic understanding of electronics and software/firmware programming.
- Understanding of audio software and hardware troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding of audio signal measurements.
- Software/Hardware test experience.
- Proficiency with one programming or scripting language like Python preferred.
- Experience with Audio Precision software and other general purpose test equipment preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate degree and minimum: 2+ years software testing experience.
- 2+ years real world pro audio experience doing live sound production and/or recording studio production.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in a typical office environment with moderate noise levels. The workspace is open, informal, and communal in nature with the accompanying distractions of co-worker traffic and employee conversations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time.
- Independent body mobility to access a standard office environment with shelves and drawers of varying heights.
- Vision sufficient to read a computer screen, printed text, and handwritten documents.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and test equipment.
- Speak and hear sufficiently to communicate clearly in person, over the telephone, and in small groups.
- Mental stamina for problem solving and dealing with stressful situations; prioritizing multiple tasks; interpret and apply oral/written instructions.
- Regular office hours with occasional work during non-business hours as required.
- Ability to lift to 35 lbs.
- Normal design engineering conditions apply.
- Most work will be done in a test lab.
- Most work will be done during business hours.
- Occasional overtime and/or weekend work may be required.
LOUD Audio believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to the company success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.