Solid Surface Fabricator
Lumbermen's Of Indiana
Byron Center, MI
WHO WE ARE:
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan since 1955, Lumbermen’s operates in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana. A leading distributor and manufacturer, we are driven by our mission to enrich lives by intentionally caring for all who experience us. We are employee owned and relationship powered.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Based out of our Byron Center, MI facility, the Solid Surface Fabricator works with a team that fabricates solid surface countertops. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Living Out Lumbermen’s Culture – Modeling Lumbermen's core values while creating an atmosphere where Lumbermen's is 'first choice' of our customers.
- Modeling Safety – Being a safety-minded team player who will contribute to the protection of all employee owners.
- Prepping Orders – Creating job layouts and optimizing materials used.
- Prepare Materials – Properly measuring and cutting materials (includes use of saws, routers, sanders etc.)
- Fabricating Countertops – Building countertops to customer specifications,
- Packaging – Preparing and labeling countertops for shipment.
WHO WE NEED:
An employee owner who embraces, models, and promotes Lumbermen’s Mission, Vision, and Promise and has:
- Desire to “do things right the first time”
- Initiative to be a Self-Starter
- Ability to be dependable and reliable
- Openness and desire to learn new skills
- Strong positive work ethic
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with fellow employee owners
- Ability to read and interpret shop drawings and fabricate from digital/stick templates
- Ability to read a tape measure and understand dimensions
- Ability to work safely and efficiently at all times
- Ability to work neatly and maintain a clean and safe work area
- High School diploma/GED required
- Hilo operator’s license (will train if needed)
- Prior fabrication or construction experience desired
- Ability to do physical labor including lifting of up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to stand for 8-10 hours/day
- Ability to bend, twist, and stoop
WHAT WE OFFER:
Lumbermen’s exists to enrich the lives of people by intentionally caring for all who experience us. You will experience a different kind of work environment and “family” here and help live out the Lumbermen’s promises of committing to those who count on us, doing what’s right, exercising sound business practices and earning consideration. Other benefits include:
- A collaborative and supportive work environment
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – generous company-funded retirement
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible spending/health savings account
- The SOURCE – free and confidential support resources for our team
- $250 Clothing allowance for uniform, protective footwear, and PPE
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Training and development
- Advancement opportunities
Lumbermen’s is proud to be a drug and alcohol-free workplace. In addition, Lumbermen’s will not discriminate against any employee or candidate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. We participate in E-Verify.