The Sorter is responsible for sorting through recycled materials that come into the Material Recovery Facility (MRF) as they move along the conveyor belt, inspecting items, and placing items or materials into designated area according to commodity, size, condition, and/or grade.
- Performs duties in a safe and efficient manner, in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Ensures proper PPE is utilized at all times and is continuously part of our safety culture.
- Sorts out assigned commodities in a manner that it consistent with the goals of the facility.
- Performs cleaning duties related to plant equipment and general housekeeping as required.
- Reports system problems immediately to Supervisor.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Completes all required initial Safety Training and attends all monthly trainings provided.
- Maintains an excellent attendance record and an excellent safety work quality record.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have a high school diploma or GED, a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment, and the ability to perform the physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including, standing, reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying and climbing). The candidate must be legally eligible to work in the US and complete pre-employment testing.
Good verbal communication skills, the ability to follow verbal and written instructions, a focus on safety, and the ability to distinguish between various recyclable materials are required. The ability to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, instructions, signs, signals and safety training is vital.
Self-starter, team-oriented individual who has an aggressive work ethic, adaptable, and is open to personal and professional training and development.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, Maternity & Parental Leave, Flexible Spending Accounts, Discounted Stock Program, 401K, Employee Awards, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Incentive, Tuition Assistance, Career Pathways, and More.