Specialist, Pricing and Margin Management
If you have what it takes to become part of the Vistra family and would like to start a promising career with a global leader, take a look at the exciting employment opportunities that are currently available and apply online.
Job SummaryThe Pricing & Margin Management Specialist position is a key analytical expert of the residential pricing strategy team leading the retention pricing decision making process. The Specialist I will be responsible for overall financial modeling and analysis during requirements planning and business reviews, product development, and pricing campaign launches. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, is detail oriented, and has the ability to work well with cross-functional teams.
The Pricing & Margin Management Specialist position is a key analytical expert of the residential pricing strategy team leading retention pricing decision making process. The Specialist I will be responsible for overall financial modeling and analysis during requirements planning and business reviews, product development, and pricing campaign launches. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, is detail oriented, and has the ability to work well with cross-functional teams.
- Lead the development of quantitative models necessary for evaluation and implementation of pricing strategies and product changes
- Partner with Business Technology and cross-functional stakeholders to communicate, validate and implement necessary business requirements into the company’s various technology platforms
- Maintain, improve, and execute pricing models that help drive product profitability
- Effectively communicate pricing strategies with cross-functional stakeholders & business partners
- Develop and implement relevant analytical framework and associated tracking to drive fact-based and timely decisions to optimize profitability and growth
- Conduct variance analysis on performance vs. plan for various business segments; assist in presenting results, key observations, implications and recommendations to senior management
- Lead the launch of price tests across channels and partner with stakeholders to produce reports and analysis; develop strategic recommendations for go-forward pricing policies based on test outcomes
- Perform other task as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, engineering, finance, accounting, economics, statistics or another quantitative field is preferred.
- 4+ years of work experience in a quantitative business function and/or (pricing experience preferred, particularly in a B2C role)
- Experience with data mining utilizing SQL or SAS languages and with visualization softwares such as Tableau
- Experience with a retail energy, telecom, broadband, subscription television/ services is a strong plus
- Experience gained through college degree programs and/or certifications is applicable to above skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Knowledge and experience with customer facing and project coordination/management methods preferred
- Solid understanding of financial modeling
- General knowledge of Operations systems, policies and procedures a plus
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of Retail Services/Business Operations and a basic knowledge of Electric Industry and Competitive Retail Markets
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills, with the ability to manage a diverse range of projects simultaneously
- Substantial experience with business case creation, including the calculation and analysis of key financial, accounting and business metrics (e.g. NPV, PV/I, DCF)
- Must be detailed-oriented and possess the ability to follow through on assignments, with an ability to produce quality work under deadline pressure
- Strong oral and written communication skills, good presentation skills, and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate, build consensus, and resolve potential conflicts with all levels of employees, management and leadership
CompanyTXU Retail Services Company
We are a company of people committed to: Exceeding Customer Expectations, Great People, Teamwork, Competitive Spirit and Effective Communication. If this describes you, then apply today!
If you currently work for Vistra or its subsidiaries, please apply via the internal career site.
It is the policy of the Company to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment, including in selection for job opportunities, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military service, protected veteran status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.