Sprinkler Install Technician
What you will do
Fire Sprinkler Installation employees are responsible for the installation, service, and repair of fire protection systems including: wet, dry, pre-action, deluge, and foam suppression systems; as well as fire pumps and back flow devices. Installer III and IV employees are also responsible for the execution of the installation project plan including equipment delivery, accurately forecasting installation hours, anticipating potential challenges and properly securing all Tyco SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss.
How you will do it
- Applies judgment based on practice and precedence.
- May allocate work as a team leader, bringing all changes, discrepancies, and coordination problems that impair installation activities to the immediate attention of the construction manager.
- Frequently resolves problems through the research of multiple alternatives. Must maintain proper documentation for all work performed.
- May review project drawings to obtain all facts necessary to perform installation activities according to specifications.
- Must be able to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer and/or job requirements.
- May be required to participate in a scheduled after hours on-call rotation. Must adhere to all company safety policies and procedures.
- May be required to perform Inspections.
What we look for
- 3-5 years documented experience in installation and service of fire sprinkler systems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Holds a state sprinkler journeyman card. (ask HM is this needed)
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Read and understand construction blueprints, diagrams, and specifications used in installation activities
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers and team members.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
What else you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule, mobile device, laptop, company vehicle. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package that starts on day 1, which includes medical, dental & vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off and career growth opportunities.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.