Sprinkler Service Technician
What you will do
- Receive service calls from Service Resource Center, including a brief description of equipment/system malfunctions.
- Contact customer representative and ascertain equipment/systems problems.
- Perform service and repairs on sprinkler systems for commercial, industrial, and residential applications.
- These include but are not limited to wet (steel, copper and CPVC), dry, pre-action, deluge, and fire pumps.
- Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc., to diagnose and repair equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics, and operational product manuals.
- Exhibit effective customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Electronically complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding and obtain customer’s signature.
- Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we look for
- 5 years of documented experience in Fire Sprinkler/Suppression industry Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals
- High School Diploma or equivalent required Must be willing to travel.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements
- Able to participate in an on-call rotation schedule - Overnight travel will be required
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and always follow safety guidelines and procedures
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test
- Must possess and retain current State Fire Protection License or Journeyman License valid
- NICET Level II
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.