The Senior Accountant will be responsible for maintaining and providing timely and accurate financial statements in adherence with GAAP and ensuring company compliance with federal and state tax agencies. The accountant is responsible for posting journal entries and data from other systems; performing account reconciliations; researching questions on account balances/variances; and creating, reconciliation and distribution of financial reports.
The selected candidate will also support other key accounting functions including the maintenance and reconciliation of accurate balance sheet accounts and supporting accurate and efficient workflow processes. This role requires the Senior Accountant to have the upmost attention to detail, be self-driven, and a desire to grow professionally.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Compiles, consolidates and analyzes accounting and finance information for the production of statements, schedules, filings, and reports of a complex nature
- Responsible for the complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and for the development of financial reports
- Analyzes trends, costs, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future expenses, recommend improvements to current processes, and identify potential errors in the accounting records
- Conducts and documents complex financial and business related analyses in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital and investments
- May be assigned analysis in support of organization’s or subsidiary’s annual budget process, expense, service fee, staffing forecast or statistical reporting, including financial performance, variance explanations and cost analysis
- Conducts special studies and develops and implements accounting methods and procedures
- Manages relationships between the accounting group and other departments, locations, divisions and external customers
- Provides technical advice, assistance and training to lower level positions, management and other functional areas
- May lead the work of others (mentors, prioritizes, delegates and reviews assignments).
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience
- Strong computer skills
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Pro-active and independent while also being a team player
- CPA preferred