Sr. Automation Controls Engineer
What you can expect in this role:
- Performs automation engineering activities in support of production machinery, manufacturing testing and other activities, including machine controls, interfaces, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), software, data tracking and other areas.
- Manages large-scale automation projects, planning activities with outside vendors to build final products.
- Analyzes processes, procedures and steps necessary to manufacture products. Performs initial consumable process development. Develops plans to automate individual manufacturing steps or entire processes as applicable.
- Designs equipment stations and implements improvements.
- Coordinates with other engineering areas, production and other areas to ensure that automation is integrated into overall manufacturing process.
- Manages outsourced vendors involved in design projects.
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Familiarity with PLC’s, software and related areas.
- Ability to work with design verification/validation and process validation and change management procedures.
- Familiarity with supply chain and vendor interface.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret standards (e.g., ISO 9000), specifications, professional journals and technical procedures.
- Ability to manage tasks and projects through to successful completion and attainment of goals.
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical personnel verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively as members of cross-functional teams.
- Technical writing skills and ability to create standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and work instructions understandable by various technical levels in organization.
- Ability to learn technical aspects of products in area(s) of responsibility.
- Computer skills in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) and other engineering software as required. Some working knowledge of SAP preferred.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from diseases. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 10,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement. Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.