Sr. Communications Specialist
Guidas Dairy Co.
Kansas City, KS
Work closely with the Ingredient Solutions’ team to develop, plan and execute the division’s communications strategy in alignment with the Cooperative’s foundational elements and strategy. Deploy and implement communications tactics through a number of internal channels, including email, newsletters, printed materials, digital, intranet, meetings and onsite events, among others. Play a critical role in partnering with functions in the Corporate Communications department to ensure key projects and initiatives are being appropriately managed and designed. Possess in-depth knowledge in communications and demonstrates high-level skills with extensive proficiency. Function as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with employee communications director to develop and execute the employee communications strategy for the Ingredient Solutions division
- Play an active role in ensuring employees in the Ingredient Solutions division understand our family farmer-ownership and how they provide value to our members as well as how their individual jobs contribute to DFA’s Mission and Vision
- Maintain relationships with leaders within the Ingredient Solutions division, providing strategic recommendations and guidance on how best to deliver employee-facing communications that ensure the integrity of the visual and verbal brand
- Serve in a project management role, from initiation to closure, to ensure the successful and timely execution of deliverables for Ingredient Solutions’ employee-facing projects
- Contribute to cadenced employee communications, including printed and digital publications ensuring content supports short- and long-term strategic initiatives as well as the Cooperative’s brand
- Work closely with the copywriting, project management and design teams to lead content execution for Ingredient Solutions’ employee communications
- Work closely with the sales and marketing Ingredient Solutions team for the creation of internal and customer-facing materials
- Serve as primary contact and provide communications support for The Creamery store
- Oversee the creation of flyers, newsletters, web content, PowerPoint presentations, screens and other collateral, with the help of the design team, that inform Ingredient Solutions’’ employees of relevant strategic projects and initiatives
- Ensure all communications are accurate, easy to understand and meet brand standards
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required