Sr Controls Software Designer
Engineering teams are responsible for the design and integration of control systems for customer applications and processes.
- Creating PLC/HMI/Diagnostic Libraries (AOIs, FBs, UDT, Faceplates, etc.)
- Creating Quality Check Tools
- Creating Process for Standards deployment including input/outputs of deliverables and utilizing check-in/check-out and sign-off procedures to ensure Quality and Timing Milestones are met
- Participate in Design Reviews and support customer meetings proactively
- Train team member on project standards
- Plan to execute work within budget, with exceptional quality (FTR), and on time
- Track and report metrics as required
- Forecast time/resources to complete remaining work
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and champion outcomes of the initiatives.
- Supervise activities of functionally assigned personnel, applying knowledge of automation concepts and procedures and production area knowledge
- Execute, supervise, and verify all works aligns to customer specifications and expectations.
- Apply special knowledge of automation, controls engineering, and robotics where applicable
- Travel to customer sites as necessary for the betterment of assigned team or to personally deliver optimal solutions
PLC Programming: Rockwell – Studio5000, RSLogix 5 and Siemens – TIA Portal V15+, Step 7
HMI Design: Rockwell – RS/FT View ME/SE and Siemens – TIA Portal Advanced, WinCC Flexible/SCADA
Computer Programming - Experience in one or more of the following: Visual Basic, C++, C#, Java, Python, etc.
General Networking - Network Address Translation, VLAN's and Various Network Topologies (Star, Linear, Ring…)
Hardware Design: Understand electrical, pneumatic and water schematics and complete the integration of industrial automation systems
- Logical thinker & problem solver
- Organized & detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with “can do” mindset
- Strong leadership skills
- Team player with emphasis on team development
- Innovative regarding new processes and development aids
- Budget and deadline aware
- Must be willing to travel up to 30%
- Must be willing to work long hours on various shift models
Join the Winning Team at PA Solutions (a global division of ATS Automation). We help exceptional customers automate their manufacturing as Tooling System Integrators. We work with Global OEM's/Tier suppliers supporting transportation and aerospace industries. Take your place among the best in the business and grow your career with PA Solutions. Join an environment where a passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment to quality. PA Solutions offers a superior benefits package designed with you in mind! If you would like to automate your future, check us out and be a part of our unprecedented growth!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations.ID:uDnQdo